Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#157 2019-03-16 08:53:27

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: com_connect - form and contact mailer

RedFox wrote #317097:

Thanks Bloke. And what about e-mails not send via com_connect but via a mailto link? Same libs?

Potentially yes, but it’s more tricky as there aren’t any callbacks in the mail routines as far as I recall. So it’ll probably require core hacks until such time as we embed third party mail support.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#158 2019-03-16 11:22:11

RedFox
Website

Is there a specific file which can or has to be hacked?

[edit]
Everything is resolved smooth and simple … all emails are send directly into the cloud by the ISP. They turned off all emails on their servers … :o

Last edited by RedFox (2019-03-20 17:00:35)

#159 2019-06-22 06:45:52

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I know that it must be in front of me but I just can’t find it. Is there a way to either change the title of the emails sent by a particular form (not site wide)? Alternatively, is there a way to add an invisible field with the code of one of our projects in order to be able to find the emails received for that project later?

Got it! just add subject

Last edited by colak (2019-06-22 07:08:44)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#160 2019-07-10 12:11:05

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

Hi guys! How can I use the server info variable to send the page path of the enquiry in the web enquiry email please? There was a way with zem but I haven’t used it on com yet!

Thank you!

Oh think <txp:com_connect_serverinfo name=“REQUEST_URI” label=“Page” /> will do the job…

Last edited by hilaryaq (2019-07-10 12:19:21)

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#161 2019-08-20 17:27:20

jordi
Website

I have added the plugin strings in Catalan to the original textpack in Github (com_connect_v4.6.0-beta.3_de.en.es.fr.nl.pt_textpack.txt). You can download the new version from here for the time being.

#162 2019-09-25 09:45:29

RedFox
Website

On this page (link) I’m using this form ‘aanmelden’ >

<txp:com_connect label="" to="xxx@xxx.tld" subject="amordetango.nl … aanmelding!" thanks="Het bericht is verstuurd. Dank u!"> 
<!-- form with p's to style background images > http://codepen.io/rexkirby/pen/Fdnlz -->
<p class="text"><txp:com_connect_secret label="Aanmelding?">Ja, ik wil me graag aanmelden</txp:com_connect_secret></p>
<p class="text"><txp:com_connect_text label="Voor- en achternaam" /></p>
<p class="email"><txp:com_connect_email label="E-mailadres" /></p>
<p class="textarea"><txp:com_connect_textarea label="Welke les of workshop? Waar? Danspartner?" cols="" rows="" required="0" /></p>
<p class="submit"><txp:com_connect_submit label="">Verzenden</txp:com_connect_submit></p></txp:com_connect>

On the server there is a spamfilter working and the emailaddress is on a whitelist. But still there are ‘normal’ emails which get high spamscore’s and do not come through > example.

Question: is there a way to tweak the plugin to overcome this behavior?

>Edited to hide the email

Last edited by colak (2019-09-25 11:31:49)

#163 2019-09-25 12:31:31

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

RedFox wrote #319412:

is there a way to tweak the plugin to overcome this behavior?

Short answer: no. Long answer: no, but… ;)

The plugin is at the mercy of your server configuration – Textpattern to a degree (do things imporve if you mess with the envelope header setting in Prefs?) but mainly your hosting platform.

If SPF and DKIM are set up properly (among other things) then that can go some way towards helping reduce the likelihood of messages from Txp appearing in junk or being outright rejected. Without those, you’re at the mercy of your host’s enforced spam filters and heuristics, unfortunately. The only thing you can really do is forward the messages to your host and ask if they can consider such content as ham not spam next time.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#164 2019-09-25 12:57:26

RedFox
Website

Bloke wrote #319413:

Do things improve if you mess with the envelope header setting in Prefs?

Nope

The only thing you can really do is forward the messages to your host and ask if they can consider such content as ham not spam next time.

I did, but they can’t do anything … they say … :|

What if I turn their spamfilter ‘off’? The plugin has a spamfilter build in isn’t it?

Last edited by RedFox (2019-09-25 13:01:45)

#165 2019-09-25 13:07:35

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

RedFox wrote #319415:

What if I turn their spamfilter ‘off’?

Then it would be the first host in history to allow it (and I applaud them for doing it). Most just allow you to turn it down.

The plugin has a spamfilter build in isn’t it?

No but you can employ pap_contact_cleaner still if you can find the version modded for use with com_connect. I think it’s floating around somewhere. Colak or jakob might be able to recall if/where it’s been done.

If not, anyone can build a proper heuristic spam tester module for the plugin using the same technique that pap_contact_cleaner does on submission. Maybe that could add a spam score field to the payload so you can filter them at the destination?

#166 2019-09-25 18:46:07

jakob
Admin
Website

Bloke wrote #319416:

No but you can employ pap_contact_cleaner still if you can find the version modded for use with com_connect. I think it’s floating around somewhere. Colak or jakob might be able to recall if/where it’s been done.

:-) You’re right, Colak put it online. It’s now called pap_comconnect and it’s available here.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#167 2019-09-25 19:20:42

RedFox
Website

Thanks guys … :)

#168 2019-10-10 13:24:35

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

If anyone’s using the file upload extension for com_connect, I’ve just bumped the module to v1.0.3. This version tries to catch a corner case where the form is unceremoniously blanked out (usually due to file size upload violations) so it at least shows a useful error on-screen, even if the form content is still trashed.

This version also fixes a couple of minor bugs.

As a side note, for anyone having mail delivery issues when attaching large files, remember that you need to do the following at the server end:

1. Increase the php.ini variable upload_max_filesize to a suitable value.
  2. Increase the php.ini variable post_max_size to a suitable value bigger than upload_max_filesize. This is because the encoding of a file in base64 adds about a third more data to the payload. e.g. to accept a 16MB file, you should probably set post_max_size to 24MB to cater for the potential 21-22MB file size plus a little wiggle room.
  3. Increase the size of the mail() maximum message size in whatever transport agent is implemented. For example, in postfix you’ll need to set the message_size_limit in main.cf to something that roughly matches your post_max_size, in bytes.

Hope that helps anyone scratching their heads over this.

Board footer