Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2019-09-22 12:27:43

Destry
Website

Re: Unprecedented news collaboration...

Destry wrote #319325:

The IPCC conservatively estimates . . . And as we’ve seen with UN reports leading up to the most recent one, their estimates are always conservative; usually underestimating the severity each time and admitting as much. This is why they are increasingly adopting a more serious tone in their reports (though not serious enough in my opinion).

Looks like they heard me:

We’re trying to change the message we’re projecting from “This is going to happen” to “This is already happening, and to prevent this from getting worse, action needs to be ramped up.” Scientists are very, very concerned. The picture for humans and ecosystems is really pretty grim if we don’t achieve this.

Though, as I see it, they’re still hanging on hope that ‘the international community’ will come through and save the day. As long as they keep talking vaguely like that nothing will ever change and the impact society feels will be the worst it can be. Capitalism, growth economics, and wanton consumers of excessive and unnecessary things is collectively the problem. How is that globalism ever going to change in ten years, let alone by the end of the century? It’s not.

In addition to the growing message of doing something to lessen the blow, they also need to start admitting that it’s our existing sociopolitical systems in the world that need radical changes as much as anything else, or none of it really matters. Truth is, those with all the economic power in the world would rather see the world come to an end than give up their power to save it. It’s just so absurd when you break it down.

Board footer