Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-08-08 19:09:55

singaz

How to make the name “category” appear without translation?

The following structure was made on the old site:

sitename.com/category/article-name-text

In the new version textpattern, the name “category” is displayed translated into local language.

Displayed:

sitename.com/категория/article-name-text

Sitemap displays:

sitename.com/%d0%9a%d0%b0%d1%82%d0%b5%d0%b3%d0%be%d1%80%d0%b8%d1%8f/article-name-text

Update is problem. Different languages in the address bar is bad. Link address will change – indexing will disappear.

How to make the name “category” appear without translation?

p.s.
Via Install Textpack?

Sorry my horror English. I’m learning textpattern, I’m learning English

#2 2019-08-09 13:19:04

uli

Re: How to make the name “category” appear without translation?

singaz wrote #319000:

p.s.
Via Install Textpack?

That’s one possibility you could try. The other one would be switching the front side language to English, but that may be undesirable, as any language specific string appearing on the front side — if taken from the database — would be displayed in English, e.g the display of dates, too.

(singaz, your question was not really related to the OPs question here, plus it deserves more visibility, for you and for prospective users. Hence I’ve made a new topic from it.)

Edit: Link added, spelling

Last edited by uli (2019-08-09 13:21:29)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2019-08-09 14:34:57

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

This translation of special URLs is something we have to fix. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but with hindsight results in a poor experience. Somewhere I’ve outlined a plan to migrate away from these language-specific URLs, but I can’t remember where. I’ll dig it out and see if there’s any way we can do this sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, yes, hacking your Textpack will work fine. Just remember to keep a local copy of the strings you change so you can reapply them in future upgrades until we can fix this for good.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2019-08-09 17:57:11

singaz

Thanks for the opinions. I will make changes through Install Textpack.

Sorry my horror English. I’m learning textpattern, I’m learning English

Board footer