Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2019-07-23 20:45:42

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Live YouTube chat on TXP

I’ve watched the transcript-video now and you did that brilliantly, hilary! I wouldn’t have been able to talk for an hour bringing in everyone’s input so gallantly like you did! It would be great to have a multi-user chat at some point, though I guess it’s harder to manage the conversation. It’d be even nicer if not on gargle and co; maybe that rocket.chat idea needs pursuing.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#38 2019-07-24 05:49:51

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

There are a few services which do not require registration but admittedly I have not used any of them. talky.io looks OK.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#39 2019-07-24 09:34:30

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Nice find, Yiannis. Although I’ve not tried them either, Rabbit and Appear.in seem to offer the most users, though they all seem to require signup now. Not a major barrier, imo.

Don’t know about self-host solutions. Bandwidth requirements would be pretty heavy I expect.

Last edited by Bloke (2019-07-24 09:35:46)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#40 2019-07-24 14:15:40

colak
Admin

Some of our partners use appear.in but it needs registration and payment for conferences with over 4 participants. Admittedly it works very well but I have no account.

Yiannis
——————————

#41 2019-07-24 14:27:14

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Oh, didn’t delve further into either. If appear.in require payment they can sod off.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#42 2019-07-24 16:01:11

colak
Admin

And for those sensitive about how some of these services are used to feed facial recognition AIs, here’s how you could appear:)

Yiannis
——————————

#43 2019-07-24 16:33:46

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

jakob wrote #318832:

I’ve watched the transcript-video now and you did that brilliantly, hilary! I wouldn’t have been able to talk for an hour bringing in everyone’s input so gallantly like you did! It would be great to have a multi-user chat at some point, though I guess it’s harder to manage the conversation. It’d be even nicer if not on gargle and co; maybe that rocket.chat idea needs pursuing.

Aw thank you 🙂 I thought 20 or 30 minutes the hour absolutely flew!

It was great everyone fell into the chat and had loads of feedback and interesting info thanks everyone looking forward to the next!

Last edited by hilaryaq (2019-07-24 16:34:39)

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

#44 2019-07-31 11:21:00

Destry
Website

Hilary, just wanted to say how nice it was of you to take the initiative on that, and a good job you did, too. And your such a happy and positive person! I think whatever happens in the future, you should keep animating it. I’m sure the powers that be wouldn’t mind the assistance there. Between you and Pete, maybe there’s a workable, non-GAMF platform under Txp control at some point. I wouldn’t join in before there was, but I’m happy to catch the replays on invidio.us. ;)

#45 2019-07-31 11:40:26

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Destry wrote #318900:

Between you and Pete, maybe there’s a workable, non-GAMF platform under Txp control at some point.

It’s in the works. The works are a bit slow, what with work-work and other juggling, but it’s definitely a thing that’s coming.

#46 2019-07-31 18:33:06

hilaryaq
Plugin Author
Website

Destry wrote #318900:

Hilary, just wanted to say how nice it was of you to take the initiative on that, and a good job you did, too. And your such a happy and positive person! I think whatever happens in the future, you should keep animating it. I’m sure the powers that be wouldn’t mind the assistance there. Between you and Pete, maybe there’s a workable, non-GAMF platform under Txp control at some point. I wouldn’t join in before there was, but I’m happy to catch the replays on invidio.us. ;)

Thanks so much for your kind words :) It was lovely so many joined in! I do intend to keep going with it, and I must do more tutorial videos too just to help people along a bit.

…………………
I <3 txp
…………………

Board footer