Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2019-07-04 08:32:13

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: minor annoyances

etc wrote #318636:

Every time I mess with UX, something goes west (as this thread confirms), so I would leave it with Phil. I can just imagine that all checked images would be opened for editing on the same page, with all their fields. Each image section could be expandable/collapsible to save the screen space.

Hmm, A bit uncomfortable with this. You already can do some multi-edit on a set of just uploaded images (shared fields, e.g. category). For the other fields, having all images open in one pane (apart of speed, rendering,…) might be quite complex for the user I think. Even if each images is wrapped in its own expand/collapse block. If it absolutely vital that all just uploaded images must have all their fields set – particularly if custom fields for images ever see the light of the day, then sorting the list by id or timestamp is the way to start.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#14 2019-07-05 08:04:04

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Side note, I will eventually get the proposed image grid view coded (with some help from Stef hopefully).

Just very busy with my day job at the moment. Not much time for Textpattern dev work until that calms down – but I do want to get onto it.

#15 2019-07-05 10:06:08

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

phiw13 wrote #318637:

Hmm, A bit uncomfortable with this.

Yep. We should then find a way to edit an image without losing the current state of list checkboxes. Would a modal edit dialogue be acceptable UX-wise?

philwareham wrote #318640:

Side note, I will eventually get the proposed image grid view coded (with some help from Stef hopefully).

That would be nice. We’d have to solve the problem of checked states when switching between modes here too.

Just very busy with my day job at the moment. Not much time for Textpattern dev work until that calms down – but I do want to get onto it.

Same here.

#16 2019-07-05 11:05:46

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Scroll to top is in dev branch now, please test. I would probably make it optional, via a checkbox.

#17 2019-07-07 18:00:09

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

etc wrote #318643:

Scroll to top is in dev branch now, please test. I would probably make it optional, via a checkbox.

👍 works as expected… thanks!!!

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#18 2019-07-09 08:36:46

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

etc wrote #318643:

Tested, works as expected. But I certainly see you your point about eventually introducing a preference for that. Adding preferences is always a tricky thing, it adds some much complexity to the UI.

PS – making both the multi-edit widget and the navigation row sticky will need some markup changes I think, to keep it more or less sane. Personally I don’t exactly like it. As it is, for my personal use, I have disabled the stickiness of the multi-edit widget. It annoyed me more that anything (I know… it was my idea some long time ago :/).

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

Board footer