Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-06-09 09:45:49

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Duplicate articles

I love the new Duplicate button for everything, except in the write tab where it does not work as expected as it also duplicates the publish date and time of the duplicated article. Without actually knowing the complexities, it would be more intuitive if the Reset timestamp to now checkbox is selected by default, at least during the first saved modification.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2019-06-09 15:53:47

JimJoe
Website

Re: Duplicate articles

Duplicate helps me on some articles especially when I have to add photos or maps I drew that the only thing that changes is part of the title line and the item linked to. Especially helpful when I add large number of Traveller rpg planet maps to my site. Say 100 or more.

#3 2019-06-10 09:24:01

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

colak wrote #318428:

it also duplicates the publish date and time of the duplicated article.

We flip-flopped over this for a while then erred on the side of duplicating articles as far as possible, which means duplicating everything, including timestamp.

For a “business” site where you want article order controlled by timestamp, maintaining timestamps on duplication is simpler than the inconvenience of having to go back and rest the timestamp to what it was if you don’t notice the checkbox is auto-checked.

For a “blog” site, it’s only one click to reset the timestamp to now, which we felt was less invasive overall.

*shrug* swings and roundabouts.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2019-06-10 15:35:00

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

fair enough

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer