Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#131 2019-02-23 23:43:58

gaekwad
Admin

Re: Server migration - status, discussion

bici wrote #316695:

I hope i am posting in the right thread.
Yesterday i moved my TxP based site to a new hosting server.

Hi bici – this thread is for the migration progress of Textpattern’s own servers from Joyent to Digital Ocean, so not the right place.

#132 2019-06-06 16:37:56

gaekwad
Admin

Re: Server migration - status, discussion

For completeness, here’s the current situation with Textpattern web hosting. This post should be considered the final word on the migration.

• All known Textpattern properties have been migrated from Joyent to DigitalOcean.
  • Our old server on Joyent was powered off this week (thanks, wet!) and will be wiped next week.

The forum was the last property to move. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we ironed out a few creases.

It’s been a considerable project to audit various sites, legacy code, quirks of yesteryear and the related activities. Security and performance have improved, and the sustainability of our web platforms is in good shape. There is still a bunch of work to do — things are not yet perfect — although the changes coming over the next 12 months will be focussed on further improvements and not wholesale server migration. New stuff is coming, though. Please stay tuned.

My special thanks go to Phil and Julian for all their behind-the-scenes work and assistance with the technicals, forum regulars (and irregulars…) who provided vital feedback, anyone who accessed our websites with peculiar browsers, broken or outdated TLS, and the various drive-by hackers/fuzzers who keep trying to get in…every…single…day.

Board footer