Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-05-16 17:20:31

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Please welcome jakob as an admin to the forum

Jakob’s work and contribution to the forum has been invaluable to many of us. As such we would like to welcome him in his new position as an administrator to the forum. The rest of us will carry on with our txp work as usual.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2019-05-16 18:31:48

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Please welcome jakob as an admin to the forum

Thank you Yiannis. Now I can finally wreak true havoc ;-)

But seriously: I’ll try and tread carefully in your footsteps.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2019-05-17 08:41:03

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

W00t! Welcome aboard, Sir.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2019-05-17 09:09:26

uli

Spam hunter’s heaven! Have fun, Julian!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#5 2019-05-17 09:24:29

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

‘twas about time!

#6 2019-05-18 11:14:36

planeth
Plugin Author
Website

Welcome Julian !

#7 2019-05-19 00:44:19

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Poor spammers, the life-expectancy of their messages will be even shorter know. Sadness abound somewhere.

Welcome Julian!

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#8 2019-05-19 06:21:05

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Julian, you are one (among others) who give yourself the time to offer your advices whatever the problem when we seek a solution.
Thank you very much and congratulations ? (Shall I call you Sir, now? ?)!

Furthermore, you could obtain a medal as a TXP Master ?(beside the Core Devs because they are Masters of the code). Did you ever thinking to write an eBook with all your tips as responses to all the forum users? That’s very easy with the help of the Sigil editor. If the price is correct, I will be your first reader.

Last edited by Pat64 (2019-05-19 06:50:18)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#9 2019-05-19 06:34:25

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Congrat Julian!

#10 2019-05-19 07:21:58

jakob
Admin
Website

phiw13 wrote #318102:

Poor spammers, the life-expectancy of their messages will be even shorter know. Sadness abound somewhere.

Think I still need to learn the ropes there. It’s almost the same as the ban the moderators see, except there’s now a delete button, too.

Pat64 wrote #318105:

Julian, you are one (among others) who give yourself the time to offer your advices whatever the problem when we seek a solution. (Shall I call you Sir, now? ?)!

At ease, please! You’re another valuable contributor yourself :-)

Did you ever thinking to write an eBook with all your tips as responses to all the forum users?

I do keep on meaning to write some more tips for the tips site but don’t even get to that, so a book will have to wait! I think Pete once wanted to resurrect Textpattern solutions, which I think could still be a worthwhile exercise, especially as plenty has changed for the better. I reckon it needs more hands to get off the ground…

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#11 2019-05-21 08:57:48

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

jakob wrote #318111:

I think Pete once wanted to resurrect Textpattern solutions, which I think could still be a worthwhile exercise, especially as plenty has changed for the better. I reckon it needs more hands to get off the ground…

I did scope out the work involved, and have some scaffold in place, but then life changes got in the way and although plenty has changed for the better in my life, I still haven’t made time for it. I’m erring towards a concerted effort on the docs front with some kind of auto-compile into a book.

I know how the publishing industry works as I have a couple of publishers as (strategic) clients. There is recognition in authoring, but not much $/£/€. There is discipline to be gained from the process, and a bump in your authority as a result. Write a book, start a consulting business. Self-publishing is the way forward for niche subjects like minority CMS guides. The royalties will be much better.

All that said, I may end up having a late night and deciding that’s all a crock and a book needs to be done – in which case, I’ll be in touch!

Last edited by gaekwad (2019-05-21 08:58:18)

Board footer