Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-04-13 00:22:53

code365
Website

Unlimited custom fields editor.

Hopefully, someone can help me. I am using the Gerhard Lazu unlimited custom fields plugin. I noticed that I cannot format the text area field. Is there any way to add a lite editor like CKeditor basic or something?

Thank you,

#2 2019-04-13 12:08:18

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Unlimited custom fields editor.

It’s not built in to the plugin but I don’t see why it shouldn’t work if you customise the plugin you’re using to show CKeditor for the id or class of your textarea custom field. Whatever you’re using to do that will probably target the id of the body and/or excerpt fields. You’ll need to edit the plugin to also target your textarea custom field.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2019-04-15 02:48:09

code365
Website

Do you think any time in the future customize fields will have formatting capable?

Thank you,

#4 2019-04-15 07:21:30

jakob
Admin
Website

We shall see. There’s a new branch of the core in development that should make “unlimited” custom fields part of the core but it’s not out yet.

My v2 update to Gerhard’s glz_custom_fields was just to ensure it was still usable in current versions of Textpattern and should really just fill the gap until it’s no longer needed, so I don’t really want to add any functionality that increases dependency on it. Ideally, once custom fields are part of the core, the plugin should disappear.

That said, the rich text editor plugins that add editing capability to fields are separate plugins anyway, and custom fields are regular HTML fields, so it’s probably those plugins that you need to modify to work with other fields. Which plugin are you using at the moment for a rich-text editor? Perhaps it’s worth asking in those plugin support threads…

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#5 2019-04-15 13:23:08

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

code365 wrote #317636:

Do you think any time in the future customize fields will have formatting capable?

The cumbersome part (for me) is <txp:tags /> integration, since they are not XML and usually get squeezed by DOM parsers. And we can not ship a half-working editor in core, so it remains plugins territory atm.

Board footer