Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-04-09 11:50:52

gavnosis
Website

txplib_misc.php(1870)

An upgrade has gone really badly wrong from 4.7.1 to 4.7.3 and I have been unable to login to complete the process…

I have reset the password using PHPMyAmin as per TXP instructions to no avail

update txp_users set pass=password(lower('pass')) where name='user';

However, I just get nasty error messages referring to txplib_misc.php(1870). Does anyone know what this means?

/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1870) : eval()'d code on line 981

I’ve tried linking (via config.php) to a copy of the MySQL database (created before the upgrade), but that doesn’t get me out of it… and even putting back the original files (index.php, css.php and .htaccess, along with the ‘textpattern’ folder), but all to no avail.

If this is indeed broken beyond rescue, can I even import articles table from .sql backup to a fresh install?

:-( any advice gratefully received…

#2 2019-04-09 11:58:41

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: txplib_misc.php(1870)

That’s to do with a plugin failure. Try disabling them at the database level (set their status to 0) and then re-enable them one by one to catch the culprit. If you need any help tracking anything down, drop me a line.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2019-04-09 12:07:42

gavnosis
Website

Bingo.. Found the plugin (Tru-tags) …but now I’ve messed up which version I’m connected to (I’ve imported the wrong sql database :-(( (My bad…)

Thank you

#4 2019-04-09 14:59:35

gavnosis
Website

Hypothetically (Just imagine if someone had been careless enough to overwrite their backup with an older .sql dump) would it be possible to import some articles into a clean and functioning version of Textpattern? (In case it comes to that…)

#5 2019-04-09 17:27:45

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

gavnosis wrote #317574:

Hypothetically (Just imagine if someone had been careless enough to overwrite their backup with an older .sql dump) would it be possible to import some articles into a clean and functioning version of Textpattern? (In case it comes to that…)

It is possible check out this thread

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#6 2019-04-11 18:52:56

colin99

txplib_misc.php has the dreaded eval() in it and NO Textpattern update goes smoothly anymore because the presence of eval() in the code triggers a lock down – your site crashes and then you need to figure out how to reset the permissions on txplib_misc.php

I dread every Textpattern update because it means the same fuss over and over again.

Hey Bloke – when are we going to tackle this once and for all?

On the World Wide Web since Day 1 – Editor/Creator – Coffeecrew.comCoffee.bc.ca
Twitter – Twitter.Com/CoffeeCrew -

Board footer