Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-03-22 16:54:11

AJEL

SITE CRASHED, please help!

My entire site is currently inaccessible, can’t even log in to it. Here’s the error message (below). Can you help?
Site address: www.thepearlsongrefounding.com

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; DB has a deprecated constructor in /home4/ichaepr1/public_html/thepearlsongrefounding/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 23

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home4/ichaepr1/public_html/thepearlsongrefounding/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:34 Stack trace: #0 /home4/ichaepr1/public_html/thepearlsongrefounding/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php(50): DB->DB() #1 /home4/ichaepr1/public_html/thepearlsongrefounding/textpattern/publish.php(31): include_once('/home4/ichaepr1...') #2 /home4/ichaepr1/public_html/thepearlsongrefounding/index.php(98): include('/home4/ichaepr1...') #3 {main} thrown in /home4/ichaepr1/public_html/thepearlsongrefounding/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 34

Thanks in advance…

#2 2019-03-22 17:03:51

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: SITE CRASHED, please help!

Hi Ajel and welcome to txp. What version are you using? Can you let us know of which txp version you are using and your host’s php version? It seems that your server might have upgraded you may be using an older txp version.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2019-03-22 19:00:37

AJEL

Thanks for the reply.

I’m not certain of the version of Textpattern I’m using, but it’s a very early version, perhaps the original. Whatever was current in 2008 when the site first went live. (I didn’t create the site.)

My current PHP:

PHP 7.1.23 (cli) (built: Nov 27 2018 16:59:25) ( NTS )
Copyright © 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.1.0, Copyright © 1998-2018 Zend Technologies

Thanks for the help.

#4 2019-03-22 20:40:29

jakob
Admin
Website

Yes, that will be the reason. The version of Textpattern you have uses php functions that have since been removed in newer versions of PHP and your host has probably phased out older PHP versions (many are removing 5.5 and below). I suspect your version of Textpattern would probably show that error already in PHP 5.6.

It is resolvable. The solution is to take a backup of your site’s files and of the MySQL database, and then to prepare an update to the current version of Textpattern (4.7.3) which works fine with PHP 7. If you’re not sure where to start or need assistance, feel free to mail me.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#5 2019-03-23 06:15:39

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

It seems that you have txp v4.0.6 I’m not sure how the latest updater behaves but I would take a backup of all the files and the database before starting.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer