Website

Frontside forms that post to database tables

Is there a plugin that does this?

#2 2019-03-09 20:44:51

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Frontside forms that post to database tables

Manfre had one. I think it was mem_simple_form, of which there were several specific variants for (e.g.) the textpattern table.

None of his Txp plugins seem to be on his public Git/Bitbucket repos though (as far as I could find), so you’ll have to hunt or ask around to find copies.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2019-03-09 20:52:48

jakob
Admin
Website

Yep, mem_simple_form was the one – and if you need to edit details, you’ll need smd_query to populate the fields. There was just the one of that plugin.

Then there was mem_moderation that submitted the form details to a moderation queue. That had different variants, article, link, image etc. The last time I tried it, it was flaky with txp 4.7.

Either way, you can find versions of them on Manfres bitbucket repo.

Stef, can this now be done with an additional plugin that hooks into the save event of com_connect ?

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#4 2019-03-09 21:12:11

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jakob wrote #316944:

can this now be done with an additional plugin that hooks into the save event of com_connect ?

Yes. The MailChimp module I wrote (which needs updating to the latest API version) shows the principal of diverting submitted content to an external source. That approach can be used as the basis of inserting data anywhere. Up to you to sanitize it of course :)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#5 2019-03-10 06:31:12

gomedia
Plugin Author

adi_contact

… but whether it’s 4.7 or com_connect compatible is another question

Board footer