Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-03-08 10:39:16

DrT

Help Starting Up

Hi!

I am a newbie using TextPattern v. 4.7.3

I just installed the application and I am ready to start blogging.

At startup, there are two sections in the top menu: “Home and Articles.” And there two pages. In the “Home” section, there is a page titled “Welcome to your site.” And, in the “Articles” section, there is an excerpt of the “Welcome to your site” page.

Q1. How do I replace those two pages with my own two pages?

Q2. How do I add additional pages to the “Article” section?

Thank you!

Dr. T

#2 2019-03-08 10:49:20

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Help Starting Up

Hi Dr T and welcome to txp.

After you login, you can go to Content>Articles where you can delete the sample articles provided.

In Content>Write is where you can add additional articles. (one at a time)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2019-03-08 11:56:57

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Hello and welcome.

Further to what colak said, the Section in which articles are published is key. Each Article can appear in one Section only. If you’re blogging you usually want to write in one main section – Articles – and if it’s not the default, you can change that by visiting Presentation->Sections and setting the dropdown at the top to the default publishing section you wish to use.

Other helpful documentation that will help get you up to speed:

Hope that helps.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2019-03-08 13:55:28

jakob
Admin
Website

One more relevant piece of information:

The “Home” area is not a section in itself but rather a collection of content from other sections and can be configured to display what you want in your page template.

When you first install Textpattern, there’s only one “Welcome” article in the contents pane which is assigned to the “articles” section. It shows as an excerpt on the /articles page (the landing page or list-view page for that section) and as the whole article under /articles/welcome-to-your-site (the individual article page).

It also shows on the “Home” page because in the standard template that shows a collection of articles from the site (= just the one when you first install Textpattern).

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer