Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-03-07 10:56:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Built with...

Probably old news but I stumbled across Built with today while trying to find out if a particular company used a particular CMS or shopping platform (there were no obvious giveaways in the source code).

Being a curious fellow I wanted to see what it dredged up about my own site – which uses the meta generator tag to eliminate guesswork – and it was pleasingly (worryingly?!) accurate about every little facet of my site, from hosting provider, platform/system, email provider, SPF, the works.

Clicking on the CMS hyperlink in the report and expecting to be transported to textpattern.com, I was actually given a (brief) excerpt list of what it claims are over 2000 other sites using Txp. A couple seemed to be red herrings, but most I looked at were indeed alive and running our awesome CMS. Some were pretty old versions, but a fair few in the list were running the stock theme from 4.6/4.7, which shows just how good it is that people feel comfortable enough to use it verbatim. Full props to Phil.

I’d have to sign up with the site to get the full list, but just thought it was an interesting resource in case anyone doesn’t know about it yet.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2 2019-03-07 17:24:11

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Built with...

There is also Wappalyzer.

#3 2019-03-07 20:00:11

bici
Website Mastodon

michaelkpate wrote #316897:

There is also Wappalyzer.

go figure… it says my site is built with Wordpress. I don’t think it knows about textpatern. i have now uninstalled it.

…. texted postive

#4 2019-03-07 20:01:45

bici
Website Mastodon

Bloke wrote #316889:

Probably old news but I stumbled across Built with today while trying to find out if a particular company used a particular CMS or shopping platform (there were no obvious giveaways in the source code).

Being a curious fellow I wanted to see what it dredged up about my own site – which uses the meta generator tag to eliminate guesswork – and it was pleasingly (worryingly?!) accurate about every little facet of my site, from hosting provider, platform/system, email provider, SPF, the works.

Clicking on the CMS hyperlink in the report and expecting to be transported to textpattern.com, I was actually given a (brief) excerpt list of what it claims are over 2000 other sites using Txp. A couple seemed to be red herrings, but most I looked at were indeed alive and running our awesome CMS. Some were pretty old versions, but a fair few in the list were running the stock theme from 4.6/4.7, which shows just how good it is that people feel comfortable enough to use it verbatim. Full props to Phil.

I’d have to sign up with the site to get the full list, but just thought it was an interesting resource in case anyone doesn’t know about it yet.

nice. my mileage

Last edited by bici (2019-03-07 20:02:24)

…. texted postive

#5 2019-03-07 22:52:33

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

bici wrote #316898:

go figure… it says my site is built with Wordpress. I don’t think it knows about textpatern. i have now uninstalled it.

If you scroll down, Built With also thinks you are using Wordpress. My guess it has something to do with the Hueman Template Port you are running.

Board footer