Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-02-26 21:07:18

6sigma
Website

Updating from Txp 4.5.5 to Txp 4.7.3 & diagnostics fail...

After a long time away from Textpattern, I decided today to refurbish an old weblog. Updating from Txt 4.5.5 to 4.7.3 I get the following errors in diagnostics. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Warning "rmdir(/usr/home/rodentregatta/public_html/rodentregatta.com/textpattern/include/import): Directory not empty"
in /usr/home/rodentregatta/public_html/rodentregatta.com/textpattern/update/_to_4.6.0.php at line 121.
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:1759 adminErrorHandler()
updateErrorHandler()
textpattern/update/_to_4.6.0.php:121 rmdir()
textpattern/update/_update.php:98 include()
textpattern/index.php:215 include()

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#2 2019-02-26 22:15:22

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Updating from Txp 4.5.5 to Txp 4.7.3 & diagnostics fail...

Welcome back! The import directory isn’t used any more and usually it just sits there empty and idle after people have transferred their old sites over from another CMS. If you have left stuff in it, then it can’t be deleted. Empty it out and then delete it by hand. All good.

We didn’t want to completely ditch the contents in case you really did want to keep it so the best we can do is try and remove it as the OS protects it from deletion if it’s in use. Guess we could have checked first to see if it was empty to avoid the warning in the 4.6.0 upgrade script. Forgive us!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2019-02-26 22:26:45

6sigma
Website

Bloke wrote #316762:

Welcome back! The import directory isn’t used any more… Empty it out and then delete it by hand.

And just like that the diagnostics pass & the site is visible again. There is the following sentence in the Preflight Check: There was a problem connecting to the Textpattern update server. Please try again later.

Thanks so much!

Last edited by 6sigma (2019-02-26 22:53:01)

“Well, I, uh, don’t think it’s quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.” General ‘Buck’ Turgidson

#4 2019-02-27 08:28:19

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

6sigma wrote #316764:

There was a problem connecting to the Textpattern update server. Please try again later.

That message will clear within 24 hours when it next permits a check. For reasons we haven’t entirely figured, sometimes when the check runs during upgrade it fails. To minimise throttling the server, we cache the result (failure message) and just display that every time you visit the panel until the timeout is exceeded. Nothing to worry about.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#5 2019-02-27 12:22:02

6sigma
Website

Bloke wrote #316770:

That message will clear within 24 hours when it next permits a check. For reasons we haven’t entirely figured, sometimes when the check runs during upgrade it fails. To minimise throttling the server, we cache the result (failure message) and just display that every time you visit the panel until the timeout is exceeded. Nothing to worry about.

Thank you so much! Glad to have my hands on Textpattern again.

Board footer