Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2019-02-02 14:36:28

BryanA.

To use .js in Textpattern

I’ve been a lunatic for finding a good audio player because, like a dummy, I wanted to host my own podcast instead of just paying some service to do it. It’s been a slow but exciting path and here’s the latest turn: wavesurfer.js Linked to /docs

Regardless of audio or video or slideshow purposes, when we encounter_ javascript_ that needs instances and loading files unique to each page, my understanding of how to do this gets fuzzy. I believe “port” like transporting or making portable? is the right term; this came about from a search and purchase (sad face) of a different player that completely relies on this free .js Live and learn, they say!

I would LOVE to help introduce to the Textpattern audio endeavors community this slick waveform.js but I need some basic guidance how to tie it in.

Voice Actor – starting up a site for that good book stuff.

#2 2019-02-02 16:35:17

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: To use .js in Textpattern

Hi Bryan,

Why don’t you go the native way? Bot for txp and the browser.

This thread might be of help.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2019-02-02 19:42:11

BryanA.

Re: To use .js in Textpattern

I appreciate the pointer – that thread was created during my couple months away from the Forums so I hadn’t seen that before.

Native is good, I’m just at least hoping it could support a poster image one day soon. The waveform makes a good visible bookmark for scrubbing too.

Voice Actor – starting up a site for that good book stuff.

Board footer