Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2018-11-19 17:41:33

BryanA.

Podcast SEO native output going smoothly?

I’m pretty sure Textpattern is working beautifully so this is more an SEO General Discussion thing about your experiences. I’m am slowed down like mad with every podcast because I type all sorts of extra info for the Excerpt and description and tags and a whole on-and-on about what the episode was in the Article Body field as a proper article to read.

So I’m following a load of good practices and no longer checking metrics every 12 minutes. I look about once a month now – I’ve calmed down. Google Webmaster Tools are all revamped and to jump to the end of this story at light speed: Nothin’. 0. I’m nowhere though Google says there are no errors, robots’txt is lovely and such. And I got GWT up and running over a month ago to let it time to crawl.

I’ve had sites up since the mid-90’s or late-90’s and have seen amusing results like I’m in the #1 spot! but, on page 32 – and comedy like that; but I’ve never seen nothing. I’m really trying this time to feed the search engines and readers and listeners this time some high-quality hours of my time. Dotting all the I’s and checking all the boxes. 0 terms 0 clicks 0 results is 100% deflating. This is the strangest…

Has anyone else noticed peculiar SEO non-responses to their own proper work? (I don’t spam or hack SEO – it’s all slow, steady, content-true.)

Last edited by BryanA. (2018-11-19 17:42:43)

Voice Actor – starting up a site for that good book stuff.

#2 2018-11-19 19:11:25

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Podcast SEO native output going smoothly?

This is an interesting issue. I can think of some reasons but I’m not sure as to how many people are actually browse the way I do. There are a lot of browsers now which prohibit tracking, a matter which I know that was discussed elsewhere in this forum, so I will be more precise, prohibit tracking from the site owner. Extensions like privacy badger for example, or browsers like the latest ff and brave. Your subjects seem to be geared for people who might know a thing or two regarding privacy, so your stats might be affected because of that. Did you try to see what is happening in the server logs?

>Edited to add: SEO is another issue. Are you maybe using page titles which might be very popular, even in many main/mid-stream sites?

Last edited by colak (2018-11-19 19:45:09)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2018-11-20 05:09:55

BryanA.

Thanks for your input and taking the time to suggest some things. I’m traveling shortly so my attention will be divided but after Friday this week I’ll dive further into things.

I hadn’t consider the angle that the audience might be part of the reason! I use Brave half the time now and duckduckgo.

#4 2018-11-27 18:42:16

BryanA.

I’m not sure how my page titles swim but I am trying in earnest to get some views. Page titles are as accurate or smartly phrased as I can manage with my time. Being a dot-cafe site shouldn’t have a negative bearing, should it?

My Twitter and FB followings are tiny but they bite the titles and express interest in the key terms. It’s so peculiar!

I’m hoping to get my act better together and attract other conversations besides the initial tech-curiosity material. Is there another SEO tool recommended – I don’t mind visitors hiding from me, but to never appear in results is what baffles me.

Board footer