Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2018-11-04 20:35:35

planeth
Plugin Author
Website

Seeking pro web designer for website redesign

Hi friends,
as my subject says, my website needs a overhaul for the main pages (home + landing page).

Can you recommend a web designer who can deliver HTML and CSS?
I positively do not want to deal with .ai or .psd files.

As this website is in both French and English, a basic understanding of french would be better.
You can check it at http://smarttleads.com

#2 2018-11-05 10:32:23

Vienuolis
Website GitHub GitLab Twitter

Re: Seeking pro web designer for website redesign

Do you want to fix the current design or to redesign it in some different style? Qu’est-ce qui ne va pas, quelle est la raison de votre refonte?

#3 2018-11-05 10:44:17

planeth
Plugin Author
Website

I don’t know if the current design is “fixable”.
I need to give this website a more “high-end” consultant look and feel.
I’m targeting slightly bigger companies, so my website needs to reflect that.

Additionally, the layout is not serving the services I’m offering.
The content is almost done, but I’m a terrible designer, so I want someone to do it for me.

#4 2018-11-05 20:57:56

bici
Website Mastodon

in my humble opinion you do need a new website that better reflects your business and the audience that it serves and hopes to serve…

It needs a more professional “Look”.

thare are a lot of good templates available that could be made to work wit h Textppattern.

Have some suggestions to hand off to your designer when you find one you can work with.
soime palces to look:
https://www.templatemonster.com/properties/features/responsive-design/
https://www.simbla.com/responsive_website_templates

…. texted postive

#5 2018-11-05 21:30:16

jakob
Admin
Website

There are quite a few French-speaking web pros on the forum who you could also ask directly if they don’t find you on their own – I’m sure you know who. There’s also a certain French-speaking US-native editor here who could possibly help you with proof-reading/copy-editing the English pages too (there’s the odd typo and phrase there that could do with a little polishing).

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#6 2018-11-06 09:59:07

Destry
Website

Planeth,

I’d be happy to look over your copy in a cooperative way. Just keep me in mind in the future if something comes up that really needs contracted editing. You know, big fish. ;) My sites will be live soon, so it will be easier to point people. English only, of course. Editorial French is not my thing, though I can read and speak it well enough, arguably, for the collaboration side of things.

I’ve also got background in the design/UX side, but maybe you can get another cooperateur or two involved for that, cause I’m really trying to steer out of that anymore. I’d recommend doing a competitive audit for that right away, though. Nothing overly involved, but at least a spreadsheet with a half-dozen sites you like with design benchmarks detailed explaining why you like what you do. This also helps prioritize the important stuff. This will get you to the end much faster than leaving it to the creative vision of a solo ‘artist’. ;) From there it’s easy to prototype actual HTML and work it in directly.

As for the content, if you’re interested… do you have your text in external files? I’d really rather work with a text editor, or whatever, as opposed to Txp’s text fields. But not critical. Don’t create them if you don’t already have them. Again, a spreadsheet to inventory your pages and text locations would be useful initially, small blurbs can go right into the spreadsheet in relation to URLs, longer copy, if any, can be linked to an external text file. Alternatively, a repo and flat files could be useful, but not necessary.

#7 2018-11-06 17:41:12

planeth
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks so much, Jakob and Destry for your helpful suggestions.

I’ll wait a bit before asking directly to French-speaking web-pro :)

I’ll remember the “competitive audit”. I’ve already been burnt by the creative vision!
As for reviewing my content, this is really kind of you. Most of my writings are in flat files, so that could be easily exported.

#8 2018-11-06 20:28:26

jakob
Admin
Website

planeth wrote #315026:

I’ll wait a bit before asking directly to French-speaking web-pro :)

Maybe I was being too obtuse: I meant, of course, people in the forum such as Pat64, Nicolas or Sacripant who might not look in every day.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#9 2018-11-07 06:18:16

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

jakob wrote #315032:

Maybe I was being too obtuse: I meant, of course, people in the forum such as Pat64, Nicolas or Sacripant who might not look in every day.

?

Sure! You can contact me Aleth.

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

Board footer