Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2018-10-19 15:20:00

Destry
Website

Textile, Booked, WTF

Booked.net is clearly exploiting Textism’s old Textile tester for ad-revenue, and has been since it picked up textism.com after the latter was dropped in Dec 2015.

That just seems wrong. I doubt Dean gave permission for that.

It’s certainly obsolete against txstyle.org.

Now that Textile’s codebase is back in the hands of the project, as it were, it seems like that kind of thing should be nipped in the bud. Why should Booked be making money from what the project could be (as the argument would go; even if you didn’t want to use Google ads)?

Speaking of txstyle.org,1 I know it’s Ax’s site and well-maintained, but doesn’t it make more sense now to use something like textile.textpattern.com? That would position the project better to deal with situations like the one above too.

Or, taking the idea further, use something like filters.textpattern.com where one can find a testing tool and user docs for each Txp-compatible markup language: Textile, Markdown, Textup, and/or whatever else comes along.

——————
1. I swear I can never remember this domain name, can never spell it write; always want to put an ‘e’ or a ‘t’ in there somewhere, or both. Takes me 5 minutes to find the site if I don’t go straight to it from the Write panel.

#2 2018-10-19 15:58:31

Destry
Website

Re: Textile, Booked, WTF

Destry wrote #314649:

doesn’t it make more sense now to use something like textile.textpattern.com . . . Or, taking the idea further, filters.textpattern.com

Oh, I didn’t realize (or forgot) there’s initiative on this already. Cool! Is there an expected URL?

Board footer