Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2018-09-26 05:59:50

bornpilot

Lost Articles body when updated to 4.7.1

I updated my site today from 4.5.5 to 4.7.1 in doing so I did get the error: User_Error “Unknown column ‘ip’ in ‘txp_log’”
and I was able to resole this from the form. However now I notice my article are missing. I did rebuild my site from a back on a new server and did the upgrade again however same issue missing the body of the articles.

Here is a copy of the old site so you can see the body of the article.
http://18.224.147.103/technology/installing-mongodb-on-the-raspberry-pi-part-2
Here is the same link on the upgraded to 4.7.1 system:
http://www.timandpaige.com/technology/installing-mongodb-on-the-raspberry-pi-part-2

#2 2018-09-26 06:51:27

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Lost Articles body when updated to 4.7.1

Try opening one of your articles that you expect to show up in the Write panel and simply save it again. Then refresh the site. If it shows up then it sounds like the odd Textile encoding oddity we see from time to time. There is a plugin by netcarver (prefix: sed_) that goes through and resaves all your articles to avoid you doing each by hand, but for reasons I never fathomed, I got mixed results with it. Might be worth a shot if that’s the issue.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2018-09-26 11:24:55

element

Change the article tag to article_custom and see if it solves your problem.

#4 2018-09-26 11:45:12

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

That might work. Another avenue is the dates thing as outlined in this thread. Although it’s specific to that person’s installation, the same sentiment might hold here so checking your date expiry columns int he database might bear some fruit.

And here’s that link to net-carver’s mass textile upgrade plugin I mentioned earlier.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#5 2018-09-28 04:42:26

bornpilot

Thanks for the help. I found the issue. I had an orphaned <txp:else / > in the middle of one of my forms that was preventing the article body to show. Good thing is I decided to move my site from a hosted solution to an AWS instance.

Board footer