Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2018-09-24 17:14:12

Vienuolis
Website GitHub GitLab Twitter

"Local":#link broken

Who maintains Textile now? Local "targets":#anchor to an appropriate anchor of the same webpage are invalid in Textpattern v4.7 — attempting to find this anchor on the starting page of a domain, not in the current source page.

Since Textpattern v4.6, inline styling marks after class name are broken too, e. g.
p(myclass)=. — are invalid now, and should be rewritten as
p=(myclass).

Also, a line brake after such block-level Textile marks is not allowed now — line breaks were valid and useful for readability of long and complex styling. Only line breaks after #(class){style}. and table(class){style}. are still valid in Textpattern v4.7.

#2 2018-09-24 21:58:06

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: "Local":#link broken

Vienuolis wrote #314149:

Who maintains Textile now?

Me, as of last week!

Local "targets":#anchor to an appropriate anchor of the same webpage are invalid in Textpattern v4.7

This appears to be a regression from Textile v3.5 to v3.6 because, as you say, it works fine in Txp 4.6.2, but in 4.7.0 it treats it as domain-relative instead of current-doc-relative. Will have to try and track it down.

EDIT: This might be relevant

Regarding the line breaks, I’ll take your word for it as it’s not something I’ve done before. Once I can resurrect a fully-functioning test suite in my Textile repository I’ll be able to add test cases for this and see if we can find where it went wrong.

In the meantime, if you need this functionality and can live without the new stuff from v3.6, then you can always roll back to 3.5.5 (or earlier if that doesn’t work either) by extracting the files from the archive into your textpattern/vendors/Netcarver/Textile directory.

Last edited by Bloke (2018-09-24 22:00:34)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2018-09-25 05:45:12

Vienuolis
Website GitHub GitLab Twitter

Re: "Local":#link broken

Thank you, Stef, for the good solution, and for maintenance of Textile. Its not a big problem for new articles. And for old untouched ones, too. Only while correcting or supplementing old articles — after reconverting Textile to HTML.

Last edited by Vienuolis (2018-09-25 05:56:11)

Board footer