Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2004-11-20 16:57:43

alicson
Website

Plugin requests: custom fields and sections

things i would really like to be able to do:

— print name of the section that an article is assigned to — for use in an article form, but also should be able to use in a custom list form such as recent articles (and show section name next to article)

— archive lists by section
(and category within each section)

— archive lists by custom field (group everything with the same custom_field_2 under the same list, for example)

— ability to use custom fields as urls

— conditionals on custom fields (if customid=“3”= empty” then print this _____, else print ____ (with provision for one of those two to be blank if appropriate))

are any of these available that i’ve overlooked? i’d thought archive lists by section were already available, as well as outputting a section name in an article…

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#2 2004-11-20 19:20:30

els

Re: Plugin requests: custom fields and sections

> alicson wrote:

> outputting a section name in an article…

You can do this with <code><txp:s /></code>, just like <code><txp:c /></code> outputs the category.
Sorry, can’t help you with the other things…

#3 2004-11-20 22:28:08

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

I can help with the archive by sections and categories. The suparchive can do that.

#4 2004-11-21 00:49:47

alicson
Website

oy. i knew it was something simple with the outputting sections thing. thanks doggiez!

wilshire, i’ve eyed your suparchive for a while… can it organize by title or something other than descending date?
btw, i much like your new site design :)

#5 2004-11-21 00:53:59

alicson
Website

it doesn’t diminish the thanks to doggiez for that information… actually though, i’m particularly looking for something that can go in an article, so it can recognize what section that article is assigned to (such as when it’s on the front page).. <code><txp:s /></code> outputs the current section that the site visitor is in..

thank you though

*edit: that tag actually works perfectly for individual article listings.. but not in article lists… in article lists, it simply prints the current section that you’re in

Last edited by alicson (2004-11-21 01:32:34)

#6 2004-11-21 04:01:47

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

alicson – unfortunately it only lists by date. And thanks for the compliment on the new design. Still trying to finish up things before it makes it to let’s see yours, then.

#7 2004-11-21 14:41:09

els

> alicson wrote:

> that tag actually works perfectly for individual article listings.. but not in article lists… in article lists, it simply prints the current section that you’re in

Ah, I hadn’t tried that. I keep learning things this way… Sorry it wasn’t any help.

Board footer