Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2018-05-14 08:03:47

Destry
Website

[forum] A bq(ind). style for indirect blockquotes

I often find myself wanting to quote external content as a blockquote (i.e. a ‘displayed quotation’) which is different from quoting someone in thread conversation, which we already expect to see as styled in yellow.

It would useful to have a style option for such ‘indirect’ displayed quotations, something short, of course. Maybe using:

bq(ind).

Then style it differently from the ‘direct’ quotations of thread participants. I don’t think another background color would be good, as that starts getting busy (light gray, maybe, if anything). But a left border would be good, and a serif typeface?

#2 2018-05-14 09:15:07

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: [forum] A bq(ind). style for indirect blockquotes

Destry wrote #311733:

It would useful to have a style option for such ‘indirect’ displayed quotations, something short, of course.

Pleas open an issue on the forum repo if you wish to have features added. Otherwise they would get overlooked and forgotten on the forums. Cheers Destry.

#3 2018-05-14 09:23:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

I agree with this as it can get confusing if you quote external sources and forum members in the same post. Not sure about the (ind) class name, though. But I can’t think of anything better. Umm, (ext) for external? Nahhh, dunno.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2018-05-14 09:51:14

Destry
Website

philwareham wrote #311741:

Pleas open an issue

Done.

Board footer