Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2018-04-06 16:08:37

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Feedback to: Textpattern CMS 4.7.0 beta 3 released

Please provide any feedback here related to Textpattern 4.7.0 beta 3 released.

We appreciate all feedback. Please check this opening post and the Issue queue before raising a problem. We will endeavour to list all fixes that have been applied below, but sometimes it’s not possible to capture everything in a timely fashion. Thanks.

Changes since second beta

Admin-side changes

• Fix syntax errors on PHP <5.6 (thanks, makss).
  • Included new translations – thank you to all translators who work tirelessly to keep up with our code changes.
  • Staff Writer/Freelancer/Designer saving as Live/Sticky gives better notification feedback (thanks, Pete Cooper).
  • Sub-Copy Editor-level users can now modify an article immediately after initial save (thanks, Pete Cooper).
  • Categories: can no longer reassign the parent of a child element to its children! Avoids infinite tree loops.
  • Fixes and UX improvements for lower privilege level users.
  • Margin tweaks for UI elements across devices.
  • Checkbox and radio button visual tweaks.
  • Make ‘new’ links consistent throughout the interface.
  • Only show ‘new’ links when on saved Pages, Forms and Styles (thanks, Adi).
  • More consistent URL title when duplicating articles.
  • Fix Save/Publish button interaction when changing status.
  • Hide list options for empty tables.
  • Improve panel layout across all privilege levels (thanks, Pete Cooper).
  • Tag builder link only appears for authors with sufficient privileges.
  • Permit all users to edit per-user prefs.
  • Add debug info to article preview step.
  • Only show article preview option if privileged.
  • Move more panels to Ajax saves.
  • Add pagination and search to Plugins panel.
  • Fix pagination message when searching boolean values.
  • Make search impossible if no fields are chosen.
  • Add Textpack preview and tidied plugin preview step.
  • Fix installation of language textpacks from plugins (thanks, Adi and jools-r).
  • Only show truly active plugins in Diagnostics, and strikethrough plugin status if prefs indicate certain types are inactive (thanks, Uli).
  • Alter working theme when saving section asset assignments (thanks, ruud).

Public-side changes

• Permit direct manipulation of $textarray as an interim fallback for legacy plugins.
  • Permit custom field content to be omitted in <txp:article_custom> based on the exclude attribute.
  • Add <+> syntax for prepend/append in wraptag attribute.
  • <txp:yield> fixes to permit unset attributes.
  • <txp:output_form> uses yield by default.
  • Fix Textile use-string-as-array bug (thanks, Pat64).
  • Parser performance tweaks.

Developer changes

• Add sync param to theme callbacks.
  • Use correct txp. prefix for API calls, instead of api..

Last edited by Bloke (2018-05-09 20:59:56)

#2 2018-04-06 18:48:16

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Feedback to: Textpattern CMS 4.7.0 beta 3 released

And we appreciate all your tireless hard work and willingness to accommodate further wishes, even at this late stage! Thank you!

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2018-04-06 19:09:38

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Over 2,500 commits since 4.6.2 – amazing!

#4 2018-04-07 08:12:55

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Issue with one string posted on github.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#5 2018-04-07 14:26:54

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

I just had an interesting experience with patetech.info. I noticed while upgrading to beta3 that the site was still on PHP5.6. So I went to the Dreamhost Panel and switched it to 7.2. And saw this.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function eregi() in /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/sites/site1/admin/setup/987ve3ear56e3f6ba4c5721d403e.php(18) : eval()'d code(23) : eval()'d code:8055 Stack trace: #0 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/sites/site1/admin/setup/987ve3ear56e3f6ba4c5721d403e.php(18) : eval()'d code(23) : eval()'d code(8074): detectBot('Mozilla/5.0 (Wi...', NULL, NULL, '', NULL, NULL) #1 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/sites/site1/admin/setup/987ve3ear56e3f6ba4c5721d403e.php(18) : eval()'d code(23): eval() #2 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/sites/site1/admin/setup/987ve3ear56e3f6ba4c5721d403e.php(18): eval() #3 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/textpattern/config.php(5) : eval()'d code(2): include('/home/c6uphucr/...') #4 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/textpattern/config.php(5): eval() #5 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/index.php(84): include('/home/c6uphucr/...') #6 {main} thrown in /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/sites/site1/admin/setup/987ve3ear56e3f6ba4c5721d403e.php(18) : eval()'d code(23) : eval()'d code on line 8055

I thought maybe 7.2 was too bleeding edge so I switched it to 7.0. Same thing.

So I switched back to 5.6 and it is working again.

I was planning on complete redoing the site when 7.3 was released, anyway, so no big deal but I did find it odd.

Edit: I figured it out. It was a very old file from 2012 that seemed to be an related to an attempted Wordpress Hack. I deleted the entire folder and did the upgrade again.

And now have this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_query() in /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1826) : eval()'d code:985 Stack trace: #0 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1826) : eval()'d code(30): tru_tags_load_prefs() #1 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1826): eval() #2 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/textpattern/publish.php(196): load_plugins() #3 /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/index.php(107): include('/home/c6uphucr/...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/c6uphucr/patetech.info/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1826) : eval()'d code on line 985

So here we go again.

Second Edit: I deleted tru_tags (which was active but not being used) and did the upgrade again. It works now.

#6 2018-04-07 19:51:03

jakob
Admin
Website

michaelkpate wrote #310736:

I just had an interesting experience with patetech.info … I deleted tru_tags (which was active but not being used) and did the upgrade again. It works now.

Glad you got it working. The first one is a file that’s not in the Textpattern distro (probably that hack you mentioned!). The second one must be tru_tags as mysql_query() doesn’t exist in txplib_misc.txp. That problem was patched in tru_tags a while back and there have been more patches since. Whil truist hasn’t been active here much, he has been accepting and processing pull requests: the most recent version should be here.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#7 2018-04-10 17:30:16

colak
Admin

As I just finished the Greek translation, I am wondering if we could have a link in the languages pane directed to a particular sticky thread here where people could recommend better translations. I am by no means a translator and I am deeply sceptical regarding the quality of the work I have done. I think that it will be understandable by the average users but seasoned Greek developers will probably find lots of room for improvement.

Yiannis
——————————

#8 2018-04-10 18:53:52

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

I’ve been thinking this for a while: some short paragraph on languages panel with a link to languages page on Textpattern.com. Inviting translations and improvements.

Possible?

#9 2018-04-10 22:44:36

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

philwareham wrote #310853:

I’ve been thinking this for a while: some short paragraph on languages panel with a link to languages page on Textpattern.com. Inviting translations and improvements.

How about a pophelp alongside the Languages heading? Minimal disruption: no need for new strings besides the pophelp text itself, and one line of code change.

Last edited by Bloke (2018-04-10 22:47:05)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#10 2018-04-11 03:55:49

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Dunno. I think it needs to be more apparent, rather than buried in a pophelp. Opinions?

#11 2018-04-11 05:35:51

colak
Admin

philwareham wrote #310859:

Dunno. I think it needs to be more apparent, rather than buried in a pophelp. Opinions?

Judging from my translation to Greek: +1

Yiannis
——————————

#12 2018-04-11 07:38:30

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

philwareham wrote #310859:

For the stated purpose of improving the translations yes, it would be better in a visible place (under the heading) – a side note here: perhaps include a note that one can also download updated translations that way. On the other hand, it is a bit more clutter added to the panel…

But seen from the left foot, how many times do you access that panel, once your system is set up? So tentatively yes to a more visible note.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

Board footer