Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2018-03-22 22:57:28

tye
Website

Custom Fields txp 4.7

Hey guys – how are you all going?

Congrats on the new release of txp – looks interesting and I will be downloading asp for a few upgrades :)

I haven’t been around the forum for… for an age, but was just wondering what the current thoughts are regarding Custom Fields in the core, I know there was talk about this a while back – it doesn’t seem to have happened in this release… is it still planned or has the thought been scrapped?

I’ve just found this glz custom fields upgrade from jakob (great work & thanks) so I’m guessing its still plugin territory??

#2 2018-03-22 23:14:47

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Custom Fields txp 4.7

Hey stranger, great to see you around.

A custom fields revamp is very much still on the cards. A little over a week ago I went through the (rather painful) step of bringing the old CF branch in GitHub up to scratch. I’d let it lapse to over 3000 commits adrift from current development. Shan’t be doing that again in a hurry, let me tell you!

While jakob was working on the stop-gap glz_custom_fields implementation, we were in close contact to develop the features in line with what’s coming. The idea is that this version of the plugin is a stepping stone towards migrating fully to core custom fields, slated for 4.8. We need to get more people up to the latest version, and lack of glz_cf support was holding many back.

Keep an eye on the custom fields branch when it lands in dev. The great news is that, thanks to Pete Cooper’s spiffing demo site, you can test bleeding-edge dev code in the safety of his sandbox, which is a maximum of 3 hours behind core dev. Can’t get much fresher than that!

In summary, it’s coming. Watch this space.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2018-03-22 23:52:42

tye
Website

Re: Custom Fields txp 4.7

Hey Bloke :) Thanks mate

Thanks for the update – Petes site looks great, I’ll give it a go.

I still keep my eye on txp happenings – I will be watching this space!!

Board footer