Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2017-12-30 19:21:12

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Hello Themes!

I installed the latest version of XAMPP and then the latest dev.

Textpattern version: 4.7.0-dev (1103a204bc8d93fe3a10187de73d2486)
Last update: 2017-12-30 19:13:21/2017-12-29 19:03:24
PHP version: 7.2.0
GD Graphics Library: bundled (2.1.0 compatible); supported formats: GIF, JPG, PNG.
MySQL: 5.5.5-10.1.29-MariaDB (mariadb.org binary distribution) 
Server: Apache/2.4.29 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.1.0g PHP/7.2.0
Apache version: Apache/2.4.29 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.1.0g PHP/7.2.0
PHP server API: apache2handler 
Server OS: Windows NT 10.0
Admin-side theme: hive 4.7.0-dev

#50 2017-12-30 19:56:08

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Looking good for PHP 7.2 then, thanks everyone.

I like Pete’s take on the requirements. Here’s my first stab at a rewrite. Comments / improvements welcome.

Note this is for Textpattern 4.6.2 as it’s our current stable release, and I think it’s correct. If anyone knows otherwise (e.g. it won’t run on PHP 7.2 because we’ve fixed something in 4.7.0) then let me know. We’ll revisit it and add NGINX and other MySQL vendors when 4.7.0 is released.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#51 2017-12-30 20:50:02

Vienuolis
Website GitHub GitLab Twitter

bici wrote #308503:

do you know which hosting provider has Hiawatha?

I would like to host Textpattern websites myself, but I do not know about big business hosting companies, sorry. Yet we might want to ask for them on Hiawatha forum.

But here were the suitable software listed, not hosting companies.

#52 2017-12-31 05:03:47

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote #308506:

I like Pete’s take on the requirements. Here’s my first stab at a rewrite. Comments / improvements welcome.

Looks fine, I think. Not too much pushing the latest and greatest, but still gently suggesting to stay up-to-date with the server stuff.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#53 2017-12-31 08:34:01

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Thanks all. BTW I’d like to push minimum PHP version for Textpattern 4.8 to PHP 5.5 (a separate discussion) so we could tie in GraphQL support with custom fields/content. Hello enterprise-level features.

#54 2018-01-10 10:19:15

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

A question for Textpacks and Pophelps…

What should the wording be for the remove_extra_templates Textpack string? And a short explanation for the pophelp too please. If you can let me know, I can then finish the translation system updates.

Thanks!

#55 2018-01-10 10:55:28

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

What it really does is delete everything before it starts the import/export process. So, dunno. Something like this maybe:

• Delete destination templates first?
  • Replace all templates in destination?

First stab at the pophelp. I’m sure it can be improved:

Check this box to irrevocably delete all Page, Form or Style theme assets in the destination before the import or export operation takes place. If you clear the checkbox, the templates in the destination area will be merged with whatever you are copying: any assets of the same name will be overwritten, but any assets of different names that are already there will remain.

During export to the file system, this does not affect files other than Pages, Forms and Stylesheets. Any additional assets you may have (JavaScript, images, …) in other directories inside your theme will remain, regardless of the setting of this checkbox.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#56 2018-01-10 11:47:36

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

@bloke Ta!

#57 2018-01-10 12:00:49

jakob
Admin
Website

Further ideas:

• Scrub (or wipe clean) template folder before import/export?
  • Remove (or clear out) leftover / stray / templates?

One question: how does this affect importing? Surely it can’t wipe the directory with your freshly-created theme files? Do you mean it clears out the undefined forms/templates in that theme in the database?

Possible edits:

Check this box to wipe clean the Page, Form and Style theme assets in the destination template before importing or exporting your theme’s Pages, Forms and Styles.

Leave unchecked to merge your template changes into the existing template directory. Assets of the same name will be overwritten, but any existing assets with other names will remain.

Note: this does not affect files other than Pages, Forms and Stylesheets. Any additional assets – such as JavaScript, images, or webfonts – in other directories inside your theme will remain.

If this is only really relevant to export, maybe leave out import to avoid confusion.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#58 2018-01-10 12:18:35

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jakob wrote #308619:

how does this affect importing? Do you mean it clears out the undefined forms/templates in that theme in the database?

Checking the box during export will:

• Completely remove ALL your pages/forms/styles from the selected theme(s) on disk.
  • Recreate them all from what’s in the database.
  • If any ‘essential’ assets are missing, they will be created in the file system (with empty content).

Checking the box during import will:

• Completely remove ALL your pages/forms/styles from the selected theme(s) in the database.
  • Recreate them all from the copies on disk.
  • If any ‘essential’ assets are missing, they will be created in the database (with empty content).

It’s essentially “blat everything and make a clean copy” in whatever direction you choose.

#59 2018-01-10 12:37:05

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

I’ve done the pophelp now based on Stef’s initial suggestion. Feel free to amend though if you want.

#60 2019-08-25 20:47:22

jakob
Admin
Website

Pat64 wrote #308446:

Except: any call to forms doesn’t work within such an ‘error_default’ page template.

Bloke wrote #308451:

Yes, that’ll probably fail for the same reason as the txp_die itself used to fail before I patched it: there’s no concept of “which theme” the system is using under error conditions.

Was there a solution to this? I’ve just come across the phenomenon of not-found forms in an error_503 page template when using Jukka’s updated version of rah_maintenance. This thread came up in my search. Oddly, the error_default page seems to work, so maybe the problem lies with rah_maintenance.

EDIT: rah_maintenance is so small (see here), it seems unlikely that the bug lies there. I may have been seeing different output because I was logged out on one window (to see the maintenance page) but on the other regular 404 error page, I was logged in.

FWIW, this is what the error_503 page shows a non-logged-in user:

general_error Notice: Undefined index: skin on line 5443

textpattern/plugins/rah_maintenance/rah_maintenance.php:64 txp_die()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:1986 Rah_Maintenance->errorPage()
textpattern/publish.php:206 callback_event()
index.php:107 include()

tag_error <txp:output_form form="html_head" /> ->  Textpattern Warning: output_form unknown_tag while_parsing_page_form: none, none

textpattern/lib/txplib_publish.php:524 trigger_error()
textpattern/lib/txplib_publish.php:429 processTags()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:5482 parse()

… and the same again for each form that is called using output_form. Any ideas?

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer