Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2018-01-09 19:33:32

bici
Website Mastodon

what is Redactor

what is Redactor

what is it exactly. Could it be used with TxP… if so why would I want to?

…. texted postive

#2 2018-01-09 20:13:29

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: what is Redactor

Redactor is an HTML editor that could be used to replace the text input panels in the backend interface.

Redactor is awesome visually, very fast, beautiful preview, lightweight fast editing tools for media. – Building a better WordPress Post Editor

We talked about buying a license for it three years ago but a consensus was never reached.

#3 2018-01-09 20:20:06

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Yes, and Bert asked about their license in a separate/spinoff discussion. I think we concluded it was all a bit unsustainable due to costs.

Anyway, I’m looking at ProseMirror now. I think it’s a great fit and certainly to test the waters could be made into a plugin. It supports Markdown and just needs someone to write a Textile schema for it. If only I could figure out, exactly, what the bare minimum parts of the Proseirror library that needs to be bundled out of the 500 sprawling repos of code floating around on GitHub. Might be able to make a start on it if I had that info.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2018-01-09 22:51:26

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Bloke wrote #308602:

Anyway, I’m looking at ProseMirror now. I think it’s a great fit and certainly to test the waters could be made into a plugin.

I always thought going with something that was truly open-source made more sense, anyway.

While I was googling, I ran across:

content editable has it’s own problems, and more modern rich text editors do build up some kind of model of the data they are representing. My favorite is prosemirror, which presents the user a contenteditable, but maps changes as transformations to it’s own internal document model. Each version of the document is immutable and it uses a fast diffing algo (similar to react) to determine the DOM mutation steps necessary to represent the newest version document. As a result, it becomes “trivial” to support multi-user collaboration, since you just import the other user’s transformations to the document model as they come in. Since the entire document is now modeled as a tree structure, it becomes easy to do custom serialization/deserialization, ie: to markdown and back again). – Hacker News

I will miss the tab support that ace provides but apparently there is a way to add that in.

Board footer