Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2016-04-18 23:26:35

uli

Re: [textpacks] Translating languages strings for Textpattern 4.6

I’ve translated both the “Allow override” strings (Write panel and prefs) but only one version (and only an older string that I subsequently amended) is currently being used, the other one never got touched. Pete, do you still have access to these strings? Please be so kind and enter these two here into the de-de textpack. Thanks.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#98 2016-04-19 09:13:34

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

uli wrote #298682:

Please be so kind and enter these two here into the de-de textpack. Thanks.

I have updated the GitHub repository via this commit – Phil usually looks after the GitHub -> RPC migration, I can’t do that part.

#99 2016-04-19 09:55:58

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

gaekwad wrote #298689:

Phil usually looks after the GitHub -> RPC migration, I can’t do that part.

Yes I will do that bit – although I need to work out how I can actually edit the German help files in the RPC software – I only see English language right now.

Edit: ah, you were talking about Textpacks – OK I have updated that string now in RPC.

Last edited by philwareham (2016-04-19 09:58:49)

#100 2016-04-19 11:57:39

uli

Both strings changed, thanks, but whatever happened: One string is still not the correct one.

allowoverride => Zulassen, dass alternative Bausteine verwendet werden? did not make it into the Prefs.

And if you find the time, please answer my questions here.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#101 2016-04-19 12:04:53

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

There is no string called allowoverride – can you elaborate? Do you mean allow_form_override?

#102 2016-04-19 14:15:35

uli

uli wrote #292689:

Some of the strings might be not in use any more (leftovers from previous versions), dunno

OK, that might be the reason. I actually do not invent constants’ names :)

philwareham wrote #298694:

Do you mean allow_form_override?

Yup. As a whole string, please add:

allow_form_override => Zulassen, dass alternative Bausteine verwendet werden?

#103 2016-04-19 14:19:57

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

uli wrote #298697:

Yup. As a whole string, please add:

OK, done.

#104 2016-04-19 14:52:11

uli

Arrived in my Prefs panel, thanks!

#105 2018-01-03 13:31:03

dorka

Dear txp comunity,
could someone please explain to me where localised month names come from in textpattern? I have a problem using the chech translation, because of grammar unconsistency (in czech language the month’s name in the date is declined, but when use separately it is not). I thought I could try to fix the textpack, but I cannot find any month names there.
Thanks.

BTW if textpattern will still make use of czech translator level 0 or 1, I will be glad to help, but I am not realy good in git. For example, I thought I could add translation to the 12 missing strings, but I couldn’t find them in the textpack. :-[.

Happy new year!

#106 2018-01-03 13:47:37

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Hi dorka,

Happy New Year to you too!

We’ve (as of the forthcoming Textpattern 4.7) changed the way Textpacks are translated. No need to use git, we use Crowdin now which is a set of tools for easier collaboration on translations.

The Czech text strings are here – it’s fully translated as of now, but if there are errors within that you you think should be changed, then please find the text in question (by using the search field on that page) and amend accordingly. Once you submit that for review we proof read and if accepted it’s changed in the Textpack.

Also, Textpacks will be files included within the 4.7 app, instead of residing on a web server (RPC), but I can also amend the RPC (used up to 4.6) if any serious errors are in it currently.

Hope that makes sense!

#107 2018-01-03 13:53:36

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

dorka wrote #308539:

could someone please explain to me where localised month names come from in textpattern?

Mostly, from PHP itself. But it may be augmented by us depending on your date format pref (e.g. ‘since’ or ‘ago’ formats).

The basic process is that it looks at your locale and desired language (if you’ve chosen to override it at the tag level), loads the desired locale if it can and formats the string according to PHP’s locale rules. If your server doesn’t have the desired locale it may use a default, which may render things in a fashion that isn’t what you expect.

Bottom line: we have little control over this as we defer such processing to PHP. But if there’s anything we can do, please explain what format you’re expecting to see, under what conditions. If it can be changed for the better, we’ll see what we can do.

btw, the ‘since’ / ‘ago’ debacle is fixed in Txp 4.7.0… at least it will be when I merge in the lang-on-demand branch soon.

if textpattern will still make use of czech translator level 0 or 1, I will be glad to help, but I am not realy good in git.

We always need translators! Our translation platform is Crowdin (no git required) but Phil is just in the middle of the laborious process of shuffling every language string to new groups for the lang-on-demand improvements. He’s done 30-odd so far, well over halfway. When that’s complete and the theme strings are merged in, we’ll open it up again for translators. We might even write a blog post about how to do it, if it’s required.

So, please, hang fire for a few more days and then we’d love to have you on board. Thank you.

EDIT: Phil beat me to it. Seems like Czech is already done. Yay!

Last edited by Bloke (2018-01-03 13:54:07)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#108 2018-01-03 17:13:49

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Possibly etc_date can help?

Board footer