Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2017-09-19 09:19:51

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Textpattern UK user group meetup: autumn 2017

Yes, you have chosen School half term week so anywhere in the Cotswolds is going to be fairly expensive. Chipping Norton itself is probably the cheapest place to stay (and easiest links to London). I can only make it for the Saturday (although I can do all day).

There’s always Leamington Spa if you are willing to go slightly further north. I’d be staying near there anyway with my parents that weekend. Not sure it is any cheaper than Cotswolds but maybe (and has good rail links).

#38 2017-10-27 09:29:04

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Just bumping this to the top. Looking forward to meeting Phil and jakob tomorrow. If anyone’s in the Cotswolds area and wants to swing by, drop me a line and I’ll let you know where we are exactly.

I’ll stick Skype on whenever I can so anyone who fancies dialling in for a chat, send me a request with your username and I’ll add you (mrbloke).

Go Textpattern!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#39 2017-10-27 09:41:01

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Gutted to be missing this, have an amazing time!

#40 2017-10-27 10:16:46

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Dial in if you get a chance. Would be good to see you, even if it’s virtually.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#41 2017-10-27 10:19:51

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Bloke wrote #307547:

Dial in if you get a chance. Would be good to see you, even if it’s virtually.

I’ll definitely try – busy weekend ahead (sigh) but I’ll check in in some fashion!

#42 2017-10-27 16:45:07

bici
Website Mastodon

in bocca al lupo to all the TxP lads and have a great meeting

…. texted postive

#43 2017-10-30 21:52:23

towndock
Website

Meeting report? At least type and number of beers consumed.

#44 2017-10-31 00:27:26

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Was great to finally meet my fellow TxpBuilders teammate after all these years and rack up another tally mark on my list of “awesome people in the community I’ve met in person”. I’m definitely into double figures!

We talked shop, talked plenty of non-shop, compared travel notes, drank a few beers, had some great pub grub and generally kicked back. Even went out for a walk, soaking up the surprisingly mild October Cotswolds weather.

When Phil joined us we compared the roadmap drawn up over a year ago and were pleased to find it closely matched what we’ve actually done for 4.7.0. We also struck off a few things that had snuck into the 4.7.0 milestone, to avoid feature creep. And, more importantly, if we get Themes merged in this week, we’re on track for a release before the year’s out, which fits with our plan. Hurrah!

So, a successful and most enjoyable weekend that nearly threatened to be 25% bigger than last year :-) The AirBnB place that jakob found us was lovely – even if my fat fingers did accidentally put the wrong postcode into Waze meaning I ended up in the next village in the dark, and then lost my car key down the side of the seat when I eventually found the right place. Such a prawn.

jakob took a couple of photos. Not of me and him scouring my car for the key in the dark with torches, but of Phil, myself and him the next day. If he has a spare few minutes we might even be able to twist his arm into writing a blog post for the shiny textpattern.com site?

All in all, really enjoyed it again. Thanks for making the effort to join in you guys. Onward and upward!

#45 2017-11-01 01:22:52

mrdale
Website

Why don’t you limey’s hold your next UK TXP meetups in the USA. That would be way more convenient for me. :)

#46 2017-11-01 03:05:46

bici
Website Mastodon

mrdale wrote #307598:

Why don’t you limey’s hold your next UK TXP meetups in the USA. That would be way more convenient for me. :)

Probably not enough Lime in your environs to suit ….

…. texted postive

#47 2017-11-01 07:05:46

moon blake

Thanks for the report, Stef.
Happy to hear that things move forward.
And nice to learn some new English words this way (“pub grub”, haha).

#48 2017-11-01 07:36:18

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Thanks everyone. Was good to meet up with Stef again and to meet Jakob. I could only be there for a few hours because of family commitments but lots of Textpattern things were discussed. In particular what would still need to be in 4.7 and what could wait until next release cycle.

We are striving to get 4.7 out (at least in beta) by end of the year. Many new things in that release that I’m sure you’ll live if you haven’t already tried the dev version. Versions after that we hope will be smaller in scope but released more frequently – so that we get new things into your hands as soon as possible.

Stef very kindly got us lunch at the local boozer which for me included a tasty burger and then a chocolate brownie. Washed down with a local ale.

See you next time!

Board footer