Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2004-11-16 05:19:23

kelp
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: XML-RPC For Textpattern - BETA 2 RELEASED!

I’m not having a lot of luck getting this to work with ecto 2.0.8. I can hit “Update Cache” and it seems to be doing something, I can see the POST in my servers access logs. However when I go to WebLog -> Retreive Entries I get this error:

Could not parse response for method “metaWeblog.getRecentPosts”. Error: “getRecentPosts() error: Your login (, ) didn’t validate.”.

As for my ecto seetings. I have “System” set to “MovableType” “Access Point” is set to: http://plek.org/textpattern/xmlrpcs.php which is the proper URL as far as I can see.

Also I’m getting these in my error logs with every POST:

PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant WEBLOG_XMLRPC_USERAGENT – assumed ‘WEBLOG_XMLRPC_USERAGENT’ in /path/to/textpattern/xmlrpcs.php on line 569

Any help?

Thanks much!

#26 2004-11-16 05:40:53

kelp
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Ok, I just figured out my problem. I am using custom database table prefixes and the xmlrpc code doesn’t expect that.

I went through and manually updated every SQL statement with my table prefixes. But it would probably make the most sense to check to see if $txpcfg['table_prefix'] is set. If so then assign that to a varible thats prepended to the front of all the table names in each SQL statement. And maybe just set that variable to an empty string if $txpcfg['table_prefix'] is not set.

#27 2004-11-16 08:21:12

kelp
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Another thing I noticed. I was having little luck getting Textile previews working with ecto. But after much looking and frustration and confusion about how mt.supportedTextFilters is supposed to work, I tried a few random things.

It looks like ecto expects the key in mt_supported_filter() to be textile_1. With that set I was able to get ecto to do proper textile previews.

I’m not sure if ecto is doing the right thing there, didn’t have a lot of luck figuring out what acceptable key values are, but this works for me.

Board footer