Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-06-09 08:34:43

kuopassa
Plugin Author
Website

kuo_zcr_smtp: use SMTP with Zem Contact Reborn (4.5)

As Zem Contact Reborn’s new version has that improved API, I thought it could be useful to have this kind of option for it. This plugin uses PHPMailer’s SMTP class. Just install and go to Extensions tab. ;-)

#2 2016-06-09 08:43:16

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: kuo_zcr_smtp: use SMTP with Zem Contact Reborn (4.5)

Very nice, thanks for writing this. The ZCR delivery callback is proving very useful, yay! If there’s anything you think it could do better, please let me know.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2016-06-10 22:57:08

kuopassa
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks, Bloke. ZCR is very good plugin. Not much to improve in it. :-)

#4 2017-03-10 03:48:46

garbo
Website

Hey guys. I was happy to see this plug-in for the zem_contact_reborn plug-in. Submitting the form seems to always land sent messages in the spam folder, so I’m installing and testing this out to see if using an SMTP server rather than a PHP Mailer will help do the trick.

By the way, I know this may be trivial, but after installing the plug-in a huge error message about KUO_ZCR_CSS_ERROR already being defined on line 44 pops up at the top of the admin interface. Luckily it’s not fatal.

By going to the plug-ins page and clicking on kuo_zcr_smtp in the left column, you’ll see this code twice:

define('KUO_ZCR_CSS_ERROR','class="kuo_error"');

You can either scroll down and delete it or comment it out by placing a hash (#) at the beginning of the line to get rid of the error. (Don’t forget to save.)

Someone may wish to delete that redundant line of code in the original so that people don’t freak out when they see the error message.

But then, if you’re an expert, you would know what to do. (I’m just an intermediate.)

#5 2017-05-01 00:46:06

kuopassa
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks, garbo! You’re right, that’s a constant that’s written twice in the code. That will be fixed the next time I’m enhancing this plugin. :-)

Board footer