Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2017-04-02 09:34:05

wolle
Website

Strange behaviour with caching edited articles in the backend

Hi,

I installed Textpattern 4.6.2 the last days fresh on a test-server, installed adi_calc, gas_img_popper and smd_tags but only adi_calc is activated. After the site is working fine I transfered it to the live-server (copying all files, transfer database, changing paths in config and database…). Everything’s works as expected, except one strange behaviour:

- I open the article-list
- click an existing article for editing
- edit something in the article-body
- click safe-button
- open the article-list again
- click the same article again for editing
- now I see the editing-page with the OLD article-body!!!
- click RELOAD in the browser – voila: the NEW article-body appears!!!

Every time for every article!

I tried the following things:
- different Browser (Safari, Firefox)
- different computer
- different textpattern-user with different hardware and browser in different countries (;-))
- clearing browsercache
- logout / login (after a new login the first attempt to safe a changed article shows me a red warning that myself (!?) is just editing this article and it couldn’t be saved. A second click on the Save-Button gives then a green „OK“, the red warning newer comes until the user log out and log in again.)

Nothing solved the problem!
Seems for me like a kind of caching-problem!?

This behaviour ist very annoying. What can I do? I have a nearly finished site, but with this behaviour I couldn’t give it in other hands.

I found, that clicking an article in the article-list follows an URL with a &_txp_token=… at the end, with the above problem. When I click on an entry in the „newest article“ box, then the URL misses this “&_txp_token=….” at the end and I INSTANTLY get the actual article (as expected) without the need for a reload.

Can somebody help me and knows what is going wrong or what I can do?

Thanks,
Wolfgang

#2 2017-04-02 12:03:48

uli

Re: Strange behaviour with caching edited articles in the backend

Hi wolle, please try installing rah_nocache

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2017-04-02 12:10:36

uli

wolle wrote #305183:

after a new login the first attempt to safe a changed article shows me a red warning that myself (!?) is just editing this article and it couldn’t be saved.

BTW, should this also vanish with the plugin, please post, and I’ll have a new standard plugin ;)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#4 2017-04-02 14:44:12

wolle
Website

Thank you very, very much, Uli! rah_nocache solves both problems, I described above! I am so happy, thanks a lot for this solution – to the author and to you, Uli!

#5 2017-04-03 00:07:14

bici
Website Mastodon

uli wrote #305184:

Hi wolle, please try installing rah_nocache

wonder why the plugin rah_nocache would be required on a new install? is it because of the other plugins causing issues?

…. texted postive

#6 2017-04-03 12:04:59

uli

I can’t see why a brand new installation should not be victim of webhosters’ caching measures . And how wolle’s only active (front-end) plugin adi_calc would influence back-end caching. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Smart guys: your dance floor.

Board footer