Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2017-03-12 16:04:52

Destry
Website

Re: Articles with numbers as title are not loading

If you had rss plugins running, which haven’t been supported in a loooooooong time now, then you probably want to evolve your publishing architecture. Might be a lot of things in your code you could improve with core tags alone, or at least rebuild in more efficient ways.

I can’t really say with your immediate problem, but if it were me, I’d try to get away from the idea of unlimited categories and go with a tags plugin, like smd_tags, and see if you can recreate your “words” categories with tags instead.

But, wiser people than me may chime in.

The text persuades, the *notes prove。

#12 2017-03-12 18:17:11

alicson
Website

Thank you, yes I’ve been working hard on replacing what plugins I can with core code. rss archive plugins have been adopted though and seem very well-maintained; I’ve been running on the updated versions. Even so I’ve been overhauling the archives with core code and txp:variable and things that I didn’t know about; learning. Category archives fully overhauled and I think I have date archives too. smd_tags and a number of other smd plugins and others look very promising for my usage; I’m trying not to add too many new plugins while I’m still ironing out and eliminating others (they were soooo essential at the time), however I find myself installing and appreciating new plugins along the way anyway.

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#13 2017-03-13 09:51:26

Destry
Website

alicson wrote #304640:

I’m trying not to add too many new plugins while I’m still ironing out and eliminating others

This is how I operate too. I basically try not to use any plugin I don’t really need. Nothing against plugins, and there are some valuable ones. It’s just a conscience way I work so not to let plugins get out of control. This also means I’m not pushing the bounds with what a Txp site can do, but… C’est la vie.

Have you got into the flat-file game yet? That one I recommend: oui_flat (at least it should be called oui_flat, IMO).

The text persuades, the *notes prove。

#14 2017-03-13 10:11:39

alicson
Website

Destry wrote #304660:

Have you got into the flat-file game yet? That one I recommend: oui_flat (at least it should be called oui_flat, IMO).

Thank you :) Bookmarked. I don’t think I’m quite ready for the flat-file stuff, however give me some time (and sleep ;) — my sleep schedule has been especially incredibly nonsense lately) and I may be able to digest enough to understand/use/and ask hopefully-halfway-useful questions if you’ll still put up with me then :) I’ll continue to chip away a bit more at existing code and plugins meanwhile..

And man I’m trying not to add new plugins, however then I go to replace something like asv_message and I can only do that by adding rvm_substr — just one example.

I’m very grateful for the plugins, and the ever-improving built-in tags; mostly I’m grateful for this community — it’s always been the very very best heart of Textpattern.

Last edited by alicson (2017-03-16 21:01:22)

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

Board footer