Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2010-01-05 19:07:30

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

Re: wet_slimpattern: SlimStat integration into Textpattern

jstubbs wrote:

Looks great. I stopped using SlimStat a long time ago due to the massive database sizes.

On my server I have AwStats and also have access to Google Analytics. Does anyone have experience of these two apps and how they compare to the new SlimStat? I am also interested in Mint but have never used it. Feedback would be welcome!

awstats is good cause it reads the server logs, so its very reliable. but i find it horrible to use.
analytics is very complete, too complete for some projects, in my opinion

slimstat has a nice balance of simplicity and completeness. at least the previous version did, and from what i see, it still seems to do.

hope my mini-summary helped

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#86 2010-01-07 07:11:04

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I was wondering if the plugin code could be changed in some way so as to exclude visits by the site owner. I asked the same question at slimstat and received this answer:

if (!isset($_COOKIE['dontCountMe'])) {
        @include_once( $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/slimstat/
inc.stats.php' );
}

When opening my admin panel the dontCountMe cookie is set:
setcookie('dontCountMe', '1', time() + 365 * 24 * 60 * 60, '/');
Or I set it manually.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#87 2010-02-23 09:49:54

gerhard01
Plugin Author

Just in case somebody else encounters troubles with German Umlaute when upgrading to slimstat 2.1, enter this line

mysql_query("SET NAMES latin1");

right below

@include_once ($_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"].$statslogger);

in the code of wet’s wonderful plugin.

(thanks to at mkar1984, Slimstat Support Group)

#88 2011-05-29 12:34:16

lythande
Website

jstubbs wrote:

Update: The pages visited are entered into SlimStat when entering the link directly into the URL bar and pressing enter, but if clicking through the site pages, only the homepage shows up as one hit.

typeshige wrote:

I’m having the exact same issue. Only typing a URL registers a hit. Links in my pages going to other pages don’t show up.

redbot wrote:

I’m trying this plugin for the first time and it looks very nice.
Anyway I have the same issue: only typing a URL registers a hit.

Els schrieb:

Bah, now it’s happening to me too. The strange thing is that I’m using the same version of Slimstat on several other sites on the same server without a problem. Slimstat doesn’t seem to be supported anymore, googling only leads me to typeshige’s post in the google group…
I don’t assume one of you has found a solution?

Its a long time ago, have installing slimstat v2.2, but the same problems too.. its hit only the first page-visit (this can be different), the other pages doesn’t count… :(
Anybody has found a solution?

maybe is there a problem with the provider? both sites have the same txp-version (txp 4.2.0) and same slimstat-version and same installation, but are on another provider.

#89 2011-05-29 12:55:09

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

lythande wrote:

both sites have the same txp-version (txp 4.2.0)

Offtopic, sorry about that, but you should update as soon as possible. v4.2.0 is effected by security issues that have been patched in v4.4.0.

#90 2011-05-29 15:43:19

lythande
Website

Gocom schrieb:

Offtopic, sorry about that, but you should update as soon as possible. v4.2.0 is effected by security issues that have been patched in v4.4.0.

I know this and will updating in the next time… :)

I find out, thats maybe a problem with php-version?
the one, thats making problems (only the first page-count) using php 4.4.9,
the other using php 5.2.13. (there is funktionally good, see all pages-count.)

at slimstat-site the requirements-list says, that should making not a problems…. (need minimum php 4.3)
I see: “You will also need PHP’s multibyte string functions to be installed.”
At visit the php-detail-page I see a little difference for multibyte-string-funftions between both php-versions.

Last edited by lythande (2011-05-29 19:56:07)

#91 2011-05-31 00:14:43

lythande
Website

Meanwhile I installed an another webanalytic-software, which functionally good and without problems.

In the Forum for this new software I found the same problems. The Author mean: “he has found the error. The tracking code couldn’t been correct loading.” (sorry for my english, its a free translating from me. This Author has using a 301-redirect, which switch from subdomain “www.” to without “www.”-domain. in the .htaccess-file.)

Maybe would this be a solution? I have no tested it. But I see: I’m using a subdomain…

YESSS!!! I’ve solved this problem! :-)

If you using a subdomain, search in the file stats_include.php to the word(is only this one): ^www. and switch it to the subdomain-name how ^excample. (for url: http://excample.site.de) and save it. Now should it be working.

If you have a redirect www. to not-www. with the .htaccess-file, then delete ^www., leave it empty. (I think, that is maybe the solution – any testing it?)

Last edited by lythande (2011-05-31 00:41:08)

#92 2011-11-23 17:32:15

Manaus
Website

Hello,
this morning I installed slimstats on my website, using wet_slimpattern as plugin.
But now I’m having troubles with some space before <!DOCTYPE html> (invisible in the page source, but found by validation services)
If I deactivate the plugin, the document renders correctly.
Php version is 5.2.17
I have the plugin installed on other websites, from the same hosting provider, but no problem until now.

Thanks for any suggestion

#93 2017-02-10 10:25:27

colak
Admin

What is it that I am doing wrong? the site resides in a subdirectory and I have the following but \/hblack\/\?rah_external_output=ran1img is for some reason not ignored.

# URLs/queries to ignore. Just add or remove to this array. URLs are absolute from the server root.
$ignore = array (
	'\/hblack\/rss|\/hblack\/rss\/|\/hblack\/atom\/|\/hblack\/atom|\/hblack\/index.php\?rss=1|\/hblack\/index.php\?atom=1|\/hblack\/\?atom=1|rss=1|atom=1|\/hblack\/\?bas_lightbox_js=true|bas_lightbox_js=true|\/hblack\/\?js=upm_image|\/hblack\/\?rss=1|\/hblack\/index.php\?js=upm_image|\/hblack\/\?rah_external_output=randimg|\/hblack\/\?rah_external_output=ran1img'
);

Yiannis
——————————

#94 2017-02-10 16:10:51

uli

colak wrote #303943:

but \/hblack\/\?rah_external_output=ran1img is for some reason not ignored.

Yiannis, as far as I saw, the queries all start with the same string. The last two queries only differ in 1 character. Two things you could test:

Is there an invisible character hiding in the last query that’s swallowed somewhere between your website and the displayed, public forum post (I can’t open/edit/control your post’s code), e.g. by your clipboard/any clipboard tool/any text editor/this forum’s Textile?

Because exactly the last query doesn’t work: You could try any bogus string and add it at the last position.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#95 2017-02-12 06:27:01

colak
Admin

uli wrote #303953:

Yiannis, as far as I saw, the queries all start with the same string. The last two queries only differ in 1 character. Two things you could test:

Is there an invisible character hiding in the last query that’s swallowed somewhere between your website and the displayed, public forum post (I can’t open/edit/control your post’s code), e.g. by your clipboard/any clipboard tool/any text editor/this forum’s Textile?

Because exactly the last query doesn’t work: You could try any bogus string and add it at the last position.

Hi uli, thanks for the advice. I’ve checked for invisible characters and there are none. I also added a fake url at the end of the string but the particular rah_external is still not ignored.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Yiannis
——————————

#96 2017-02-14 07:36:51

colak
Admin

hmmm. no other ideas huh?

Yiannis
——————————

Board footer