Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#205 2016-11-14 18:20:34

uli

Re: ied_plugin_composer - new plugins never came that easy

On 4.6.2 with ied_pc_v1.1.0 (subversion from Github from today) I get
I’m afraid I can’t do that; ied_plugin_composer save_as_file is an unsafe operation.

Can I assist you with further details?

Edit: Happens also with the normal previous 1.1.0.

Last edited by uli (2016-11-14 18:23:48)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#206 2016-11-14 18:28:03

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

uli wrote #302853:

I’m afraid I can’t do that; ied_plugin_composer save_as_file is an unsafe operation.

Intriguing. I’ve squashed a few bugs in the unreleased v1.1.1. Don’t recall fixing that notification specifically (I’ve not encountered it), but there were a few markup problems which may have triggered something like that. Want me to roll up this version as a release now so you can try it?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#207 2016-11-14 18:42:43

uli

If you’ve time for a release I’d appreciate it, yes.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#208 2016-11-14 19:17:51

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

uli wrote #302855:

If you’ve time for a release I’d appreciate it, yes.

Be my guest. Don’t think it’ll fix the issue, but I’m willing to be proved wrong.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#209 2016-11-14 19:34:33

uli

You’re right, it didn’t help.
In Diagnostics I’ve The following PHP functions […] are disabled on your server: syslog for the first time. Could it be connected with my issue?

#210 2018-01-18 12:21:31

uli

I’ve installed v1.2.1 on 4.7dev (first time use of v1.2.1). After raising the version number of a plugin the h1.txp-heading remains that one of the old version. I left the plugin’s page with any tab open other than meta data and was a little irritated when I returned there and found the old version number there, like “Had I opened two windows of that plugin? Where’s the newer one?”

#211 2018-01-18 12:28:43

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

uli wrote #308714:

After raising the version number of a plugin the h1.txp-heading remains that one of the old version.

Yeah, I didn’t think the Save Metadata feature through enough before implementing it, sorry. Thinking of removing it so you’ll only be able to change meta data by doing a full save, which will of course refresh the page and show you the latest info.

Either that or I need to implement some ‘partial’ logic – like we do on the Write panel in core so that info on the page is updated automatically when using AJAX saves. That’s a lot more work so I’m not sure yet.

#212 2021-11-19 02:53:35

amordecosmos
Plugin Author
Website

This is weird.

I installed ied_plugin_composer on 4.8.something and it would only show French.

I upgraded to 4.9-dev – still in French.

What am I missing?

#213 2021-11-19 08:07:32

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Probably nothing you’re missing. The Textpack isn’t designated with a language identifier so it’ll pick whatever it finds first. If you add:

#@language en, en-gb, en-us

above the English strings and reinstall it’ll target the correct language.

Unfortunately though, the plugin has no concept of the textpattern/plugins directory so it won’t work particularly well on 4.7+. I only use it currently for exporting the odd legacy plugin. I tend to drag and drop the plugin .php file from the file system onto the browser in the Admin>Plugins panel during development as it’s faster than doing it in ied_plugin_composer.

Not sure of the plugin’s future really. I did start taking it in various directions and building other features, but didn’t get very far. If there’s a need for it still, I could look at completing that work and bringing it up to date for recent Textpattern versions.

Board footer