You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2016-09-26 09:46:22

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Feedback to: Textpattern CMS 4.6.0 released

philwareham wrote #301741:

To be honest I’d use HTML for your plugin help files instead of Textile

Nooooooooo! The template compiler (and Plugin Composer) both allow Textile in raw template help. Saves a truckload of typing. But they have always been converted to HTML on compilation.

If the compiler is broken (as Ruud intimated) then we should fix it. Maybe its behaviour changed when the new version of Textile came online?

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#62 2016-09-26 10:13:17

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote #301743:

Nooooooooo! The template compiler (and Plugin Composer) both allow Textile in raw template help. Saves a truckload of typing. But they have always been converted to HTML on compilation.

If the compiler is broken (as Ruud intimated) then we should fix it. Maybe its behaviour changed when the new version of Textile came online?

Ok; I keep help files in Textile but as far as I can tell id’s and classes are not applied when the help file is converted to HTML.

Nicolas
Follow me on Twitter and GitHub!
Multiple edits are usually to correct my frenglish…

#63 2016-09-26 10:22:49

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

NicolasGraph wrote #301744:

as far as I can tell id’s and classes are not applied when the help file is converted to HTML.

I’ve not noticed, but then I use Plugin Composer, and that keeps ids and classes. I thought the Composer was based on zem_tpl.php so assumed it worked on the command line too. As Ruud says, maybe it changed.

What version of classTextile.php are you supplying when compiling your plugin from the command line? Any options you are using or are you just calling the plugin file directly?

EDIT: we need to update zem_tpl.php file anyway, as classTextile.php is no longer a single file but in our class hierarchy. For now you need an old single-file version of Textile to compile plugins by hand.

Last edited by Bloke (2016-09-26 10:34:40)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#64 2016-09-26 11:45:19

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote #301745:

What version of classTextile.php are you supplying when compiling your plugin from the command line? Any options you are using or are you just calling the plugin file directly?

I now use Gocom’s MassPlugCompiler but I think that the problem was the same when I was just using the command line without any option.

Nicolas

#65 2016-09-26 11:52:04

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

NicolasGraph wrote #301746:

I now use Gocom’s MassPlugCompiler

Never used it, but unless I missed something in the source, it doesn’t seem to support Textile help. That might be the issue.

#66 2016-09-26 12:10:59

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote #301747:

…unless I missed something in the source, it doesn’t seem to support Textile help.

You probably missed that:

Compiles Textpattern’s plugin installer packages from separate source files. Sports XML-formatted meta files, automatic textile detection and localization file joining.

Textile markup can be used in the help file. If the help file’s filename ends with .textile extension, or the file contents start with h1. tag, the file is treated as it contained Textile markup.

Edit: I need to look into the source but headers, lists, etc. work in my help files…

Last edited by NicolasGraph (2016-09-26 12:14:44)

Nicolas

#67 2016-09-26 12:18:01

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

NicolasGraph wrote #301750:

You probably missed that <snip>

OK, I was going on this commit which removed direct support for it. But I admit to not fully understanding Gocom’s PHP voodoo. Do we support allow_html_help = 0 any more? I’m not entirely sure. If we do, is it using some restricted version of Textile?

Failing that, I don’t know. It works for me inside ied_plugin_composer so I think Textile itself is fine.

Last edited by Bloke (2016-09-26 12:23:41)

#68 2016-09-26 12:27:50

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

NicolasGraph wrote #301738:

[…] could we have some default styles available for tables […]? There is no border or background and no padding for now. Thanks!

There is another place where tables could use a slightly more elaborate styling than what you have now in Hive: the preview sub tab on the Write panel. Perhaps make the styling styling for <td> / <th> you have now (.txp-list td …) more generic (at least the border / padding parts)? That would be helpful to quickly review the contents of tables.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#69 2016-09-26 12:33:11

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

phiw13 wrote #301752:

There is another place where tables could use a slightly more elaborate styling than what you have now in Hive: the preview sub tab on the Write panel. Perhaps make the styling styling for <td> / <th> you have now (.txp-list td …) more generic (at least the border / padding parts)? That would be helpful to quickly review the contents of tables.

OK, I’ll look into that.

#70 2016-09-26 12:39:59

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote #301751:

[…] Failing that, I don’t know. It works for me inside ied_plugin_composer so I think Textile itself is fine.

Ok, thanks, I’ll try different ways to compile the same plugin and try to understand what’s wrong or come back here.

Nicolas

#71 2016-09-26 13:17:28

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Hi all,

I’ve remade an interpretation of the Classic admin theme in latest 4.7.0-dev and 4.6.1-dev branches. Give it a spin if you want.

Hoping to get 4.6.1 released by the end of the week.

#72 2016-09-26 13:38:00

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

philwareham wrote #301757:

I’ve remade an interpretation of the Classic admin theme

Lookin’ sweet! Nice work, Sir. Integrates with the revamped smd_admin_themes as if it was always there.

Board footer