Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#349 2016-09-26 12:00:37

uli

Re: smd_tags: unlimited article, image, file and link taxonomy

jpdupont wrote #301735:

… but how to avoid cache problems ???

rah_nocache (admin cache only).

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#350 2016-09-26 12:07:02

jpdupont

uli wrote #301748:

rah_nocache (admin cache only).

Ok, installed this morning but not perfect … I must close FF and reload to see the modifs.

Last edited by jpdupont (2016-09-26 12:08:13)

#351 2016-11-15 23:04:41

debeo

If anyone would be so kind to explain probably obvious thing that I can’t grasp.

I have articles under many sections and want to show them all under particular tag to which are they assigned. What do I do with ‘URL name parameter’ if I have something like this…
<txp:smd_if_tag> <txp:smd_related_tags type="article" match="tag_name" wraptag="ul" break="li"> <txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink> </txp:smd_related_tags> </txp:smd_if_tag> ?

#352 2016-11-16 11:49:11

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

debeo wrote #302925:

What do I do with ‘URL name parameter’

You probably don’t need to worry about this preference. The only one that will probably have any bearing is Trigger(s) for tag lists. A quick primer:

When you visit a page with an article that has tags associated with it, you can extract and display those tags right there using the plugin’s tag suite. But if you want to view a list of tags based on something in the URL, you need to tell the plugin where — what Section(s) — your ‘tag list’ is in. That’s what the pref is for. By default, it’s smd_tags, so a URL http://example.org/smd_tags will wake the plugin up.

The first thing you want to do then is to configure this pref. For example, if you choose tags you can then visit URLs such as http://example.org/tags/panther and it would prepare that URL with all the info you need regarding the panther tag (i.e. what articles it appears in, and all its meta data).

Then your smd_tags tags(!) can take over to display stuff about the tag. Which brings me to…

I have articles under many sections and want to show them all under particular tag to which are they assigned.

You were close. <txp:smd_if_tag> tests for an individual tag (either in an article or a designated list page). What you need is to wrap everything up in <txp:smd_if_tag_list> and it’ll work

The second reason your version didn’t work is that — by default — <txp:smd_related_tags> looks in the current section for articles. In this case, your ‘tags’ section contains no articles, so you get no results. You need to tell the tag which section(s) you want to consider:

<txp:smd_if_tag_list>
   <txp:smd_if_tag>
      <txp:smd_related_tags
         section="articles, archive, simpsons"
         wraptag="ul"
         break="li" />
   </txp:smd_if_tag>
</txp:smd_if_tag_list>

See how you get on with that info.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#353 2017-02-08 23:16:36

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Is there any eta on an update?

I keep getting

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_get_server_info() in /home/c6uphucr/thirdsuperpower.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1782) : eval()'d code:703 Stack trace: #0 /home/c6uphucr/thirdsuperpower.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1782) : eval()'d code(229): smd_tags_table_install() #1 /home/c6uphucr/thirdsuperpower.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1895): smd_tags('smd_tags', 'smd_tags_table_...') #2 /home/c6uphucr/thirdsuperpower.com/textpattern/index.php(214): callback_event('smd_tags', 'smd_tags_table_...', 0) #3 {main} thrown in /home/c6uphucr/thirdsuperpower.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1782) : eval()'d code on line 703

when I try to Install Tables. (It also happened when I first installed it but I was able to back out and it activated).

#354 2017-02-09 08:50:11

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

michaelkpate wrote #303902:

Is there any eta on an update?

Now :-)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#355 2017-04-06 14:16:00

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Thanks to michaelkpate for allowing me to troubleshoot smd_tags on a live 4.7.0 site, I’ve started a branch on GitHub for this version. Anyone running bleeding edge Txp should use the 4.7.0 branch from now on.

I’ll try and tidy up the UI a bit over the coming weeks too, as it’s a bit… uhhhh, something.

#356 2017-04-26 14:38:22

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

I have smd_tags setup and everything is working great until I go to an individual tag page. I can’t decide if this is a problem or I am doing something wrong.

The Code

<txp:smd_tag_list break="" wraptag="">

<div class="category-title">
      <h2><txp:smd_tag_name /></h2>
  </div>

<txp:smd_related_tags type="article" section='articles' label="Possibly related" labeltag="h3" wraptag="ul" break="li" />

</txp:smd_tag_list>

The Error

Tag error: <txp:smd_related_tags type="article" section='articles' label="Possibly related" labeltag="h3" wraptag="ul" break="li" /> ->  Textpattern Error: Unknown column 'position' in 'field list' while parsing form None on page tags

#357 2017-04-26 15:02:27

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

michaelkpate wrote #305508:

Unknown column ‘position’ in ‘field list’…

Not you. I squashed the bug, sorry. Feel free to apply that one-line change or give me a shout and I’ll bundle up a release.

#358 2017-04-26 17:01:49

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Bloke wrote #305509:

Feel free to apply that one-line change

It is working just like I hoped. Thanks for your assistance once again.

#359 2017-04-27 14:00:22

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

I apologize if this is a repeated question.

I used this code for the sidebar tag cloud:

<txp:smd_tag_list showall="1" sort="name asc" break="" wraptag="div" class="sidebar-widget__tag-cloud" flavour="cloud" >
      <txp:smd_tag_name link="1" />
</txp:smd_tag_list>

On the home page, it displays all the tags (which is what I would like).

On an article page, it only shows the tags present in that article.

On a tag page, it displays that single tag.

Is there a way to make it show the complete cloud every time?

#360 2017-04-28 09:20:20

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

michaelkpate wrote #305527:

Is there a way to make it show the complete cloud every time?

You’ll require the hidden feature that I forgot to document, d’oh.

Try adding auto_detect="0" to your <txp:smd_tag_list>. That turns off context switching and thus defaults to all tags.

Board footer