Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2016-09-16 07:56:40

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

New user group

I’m currently working on a site and I’m not certain as to how designers here deal with client sites but I think that a new user group would be of an advantage.

This would consist of users who have full administrative rights in the “content tab” as well as having rights to add new users with the same or lower privileges. A content manager if we have to give this a title.

I think that the presentation, extensions tabs and most of the Admin contents should only be accessible to those who know what they are doing. I know I can edit the admin_config.php but it would be so much easier if the user group was already present.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2016-09-16 10:57:28

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: New user group

colak wrote #301560:

a new user group would be of an advantage.

smd_user_manager? That allows arbitrary permissions for existing user roles or to create new one and customise permissions to suit.

If it’s a 4.6.0 site, you might have to wait a few days until I update the plugin fully.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2016-09-16 13:14:13

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi Stef

At the moment it is a 4.5.8 site using bot_privileges. I guess that I could easily use the smd brand which I do for other functions anyway.

Similarly to the bot plugin, your plugin returns

Warning "mysql_affected_rows(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO)".

when trying to create a new group in 4.6 but I guess this is one of the reasons you want to update it.

The reason I posted in the feature requests forum is to also evaluate what and how the professional designers here deal with such issues or if they all rely on plugins which would be a pity as txp should be more than capable to cater for such cases considering that it was originally conceived to cater for designers.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2016-09-16 15:29:07

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Hi Yiannis,

I agree that the user management in txp is perfectible. As for the issue above, it may be related to this.

#5 2016-09-16 19:57:53

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

colak wrote #301564:

I guess this is one of the reasons you want to update it.

Yeah. I did some work on it this evening. It’s limping along. One error to track down then the UI work.

In the meantime, Oleg’s fix will get you going. There are a couple of other places that use mysql functions and need the same treatment. Look for Mysql_error.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer