You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2016-08-27 09:43:43

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Feedback to: Textpattern CMS 4.6.0 beta 2 released

Questions:

1. Why 3 license files?
2. Dropbox vendor folder, password strength?

Observations:

1. .js files in 4.5.7 used up 6.6%, in 4.6.0 it’s 25.5%.
2. 78 .php files in 4.5.7, 139 in 4.6.0.

Ran 4.6.0 through a cross reference, the doc blocks look good.

Next up, benchmarks.

#98 2016-08-27 09:46:15

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

hcgtv wrote #300835:

1. Why 3 license files?

Components licensed from 3 different licenses: LGPL, GPLv2 and BSD

2. Dropbox vendor folder, password strength?

Yep: github.com/dropbox/zxcvbn

#99 2016-08-27 15:45:20

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

The tag builder has been reintroduced as a floating jQuery Dialog now and landed in the master branch. Bye bye popup window. Longer term, the pophelp will disappear and become something similar, or maybe a popout documentation drawer or something. Undecided as yet: having too many dialogs steals screen real estate, so we’ll need to think about this when the documentation is rolled in.

Anyway, the tag builder works on the Pages, Forms, Files and Images panels. You’ll need to update your Admin->Languages to get the new link texts. I’m not quite sure why the first link on the popup is always highlighted when you first click the builder into existence. Hopefully someone more fully-versed in jQuery UI can shed some light on this. Might be a feature of the dialog() method. Other than that, it works quite well.

A few things:

• The dialog’s position and last-used tag is NOT retained (yet) after page refresh. We’ll think about this when we move towards a more drag ‘n droppable interface, which will require some kind of “remember the position of widget xyz” framework to be put together.
  • If you close the builder and reopen it from its link (on the Pages and Forms panels) it’ll return you to the tag you were just using, as long as you haven’t yet saved changes to the panel.
  • The open/closed nature of the twisty groups IS, however, remembered across page refreshes.

If there are any tags that legitimately need to be included that we haven’t yet done so (any new tags or attributes we might have forgotten about?) then please let us know the tag name and which panel it needs to go on, and we’ll add them to the builder.

Beta 3 will be out in a day or two but if you’re itching to give the tag builder a play in the meantime, please grab the repo and report anything here.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#100 2016-08-28 00:32:42

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote #300840:

The tag builder has been reintroduced as a floating jQuery Dialog now and landed in the master branch.

Awesome. As far as I can tell in a double quick test it works rather well ! Hmm, I need to update my stylesheet… :-( not sure why somethings are messed up as it works on my mockups. But then, I haven’t really followed the latest changes over the past week and may have missed something.

I’m not quite sure why the first link on the popup is always highlighted when you first click the builder into existence. Hopefully someone more fully-versed in jQuery UI can shed some light on this. Might be a feature of the dialog() method

To indicate focus is set, who (what) the first-responder is. You have the same thing happening with OS X native dialogs, fwiw — although the visibility depends on you FKA settings.

Happy to see the tag builder back in action, it is a very convenient feature.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#101 2016-08-29 18:19:13

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Where is a good place to put JavaScript to be loaded on the admin panel (specifically for the Write panel), that won’t be wiped when I upgrade Textpattern again?

I find I’m very used to the “Save/Publish” button being below all the toggles on the right, and I’d like to .clone() it so it appears there in the DOM.

Is bot_wtc the best way to do this, or is there a better way now?

Thanks!

#102 2016-08-29 18:25:03

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

johnstephens wrote #300855:

Where is a good place to put JavaScript to be loaded on the admin panel (specifically for the Write panel), that won’t be wiped when I upgrade Textpattern again?

Info here

PS. I will release beta3 tomorrow everyone when I’m back in the work office.

#103 2016-08-29 20:32:15

uli

assets → css → custom.css
assets → css → custom.js

define(‘admin_custom_css’, ‘your_custom_rules.css’);
define(‘admin_custom_js’, ‘your_custom_javascript.js’);

Very grateful for both of these, Phil! :)
(And hat tip towards GugUser.)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#104 2016-08-29 20:45:01

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Actually I think it should be assets -> js -> custom.js

Will check in the morning and amend if necessary.

#105 2016-08-30 00:04:26

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Quick Q (nitpicking maybe?) regarding the tag builder (more exactly, the tag builder link on the Pages & Forms panels)

The mockups (here and here) have that link inserted adjacent to the label for the textarea (“page code”), where as the current code in Core has the link inserted before that label.

Current Core code on Pages panel:

<a class="txp-tagbuilder-dialog" href="#"><span class="ui-icon ui-extra-icon-code"></span> Tag builder</a>
<div class="txp-form-field">
<div class="txp-form-field-label"><label for="html">Page code</label></div>
<div class="txp-form-field-value"><textarea class="code" id="html" name="html" cols="64" rows="32" dir="ltr" spellcheck="false">//code in here</textarea></div>
</div>

Which one is the desired code? I think I prefer the code as seen in the mock ups, it makes more sense accessibility wise.

Last edited by phiw13 (2016-08-30 00:10:17)

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#106 2016-08-30 06:25:41

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

@philw agreed, it should be as in the mocks. Will fix today. Good spot!

#107 2016-08-30 08:32:52

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

philwareham wrote #300866:

it should be as in the mocks. Will fix today.

Good luck fixing it :-) I couldn’t get it working when I did it last week, hence I added it before the textarea and label.

Four options:

• Drop the inputLabel() and construct by hand, which then removes the ability for plugins to chime in on that element.
  • Move the href() inside the inputLabel() attached to the textarea block, but that puts it inside the txp-form-field-value block and knackers the line spacing. Since the label itself is only constructed from a single argument — the gTxt() string of the label — you can’t pass anything else into inputLabel() to attach to the label.
  • Add it via JavaScript, which will show up after page load.
  • Live with imperfect markup.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#108 2016-08-30 08:39:19

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Standing by to bump the demo site to beta 3 when it’s ready to fly.

Board footer