Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2008-03-29 15:18:45

jm
Plugin Author
Website

Re: jmd_neighbor: Pipe neighboring articles into an article form

merz1 wrote:

But another documentation subject which should be included is where the tag will (not) work. (HTML header, page template, article form, article list). This could be the basic announcement:

The plugin will issue an error if used outside an article context, so the documentation just needs to catch up. Thanks.

To check: Does rss_auto_excerpt work in the form for the next/previous articles?

Have you tried? Article plugins and tags should work.

#12 2008-03-29 16:19:34

merz1
Website

The plugin will issue an error if used outside an article context

Updated my announcement :)

Have you tried? Article plugins and tags should work.

No, I am just following this thread for ‘future usage’. But the plug-ins rss_auto_excerpt or even tru_tags might become interesting depending on the output volume if needed.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#13 2008-04-17 14:44:57

uli

Jon-Michael, thanks for this extremely versatile plugin! After understanding what it does and what can be done with it I was completely stunned to see, that it uses only around 1500 bytes.
Do you plan on giving it more criteria for neighborhood than the article id?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#14 2008-05-14 19:50:29

jm
Plugin Author
Website

Glad you’re finding it useful!

uli wrote:

Do you plan on giving it more criteria for neighborhood than the article id?

I could – what kind of neighbors were you thinking about? By category?

#15 2008-05-14 21:02:00

uli

Jon-Michael, I’m quiet happy, that you ask for my ideas, cause I have plenty!
As I never deploy txp as a blog, but rather as a CMS, “date” would be fine for me. Or custom_n. Maybe custom_n is already almost the work required for a freely definable ‘db-column=“column_name”’ from table “textpattern”, since some plugins like to install their own columns. Or a fixed sort order by ID for static pages, sort=“ID” order=“33,12,58,17,18,16”.

I don’t know what seems reasonable and which of my ideas requires how much of your valuable time. I just thought ID in the actual way of handling wouldn’t allow for more universal applications, that the idea behind this fine plugin potentially offers.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#16 2010-02-18 20:59:25

hicks
Website

Nice plug-in, thank you. I too would love to see sort options, as I’m sorting a section by a custom field.

#17 2016-07-09 08:59:46

giampablo
Website

Does anybody have an installable .txt version of this plugin?

Thanks

#18 2016-07-09 10:15:59

jakob
Admin
Website

I could only find the php file (which you can drop into your plugin_tmp folder (defined in the admin > settings) if you want to use it. If you have ied_plugin_composer installed, you can export a txt installer file from there.

But if the built-in link_to_next and link_to_prev tags don’t cut it for you, you might want to look at etc_link_to (see other threads in the form for examples) or smd_horizon.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#19 2016-07-09 15:20:20

giampablo
Website

Thank you Jakob, finally I know how to make good use of plugins when only php file is available.

jakob wrote #300249:

… you might want to look at etc_link_to (see other threads in the form for examples).

This seems to do what I actually need (next and prev navigation with relevant article image backgrounds).
Unfortunately I am playing with 4.6.0 Beta and the plugin gives me this error: Unregisterd_Tag
Should I ask the developer to make the plugin 4.6.0 compatible?

#20 2016-07-09 15:21:09

etc
Developer
Website

jakob wrote #300249:

I could only find the php file (which you can drop into your plugin_tmp folder (defined in the admin > settings) if you want to use it. If you have ied_plugin_composer installed, you can export a txt installer file from there.

It will not work as is in 4.6, you need to replace $next_id and $prev_id with $thisarticle['next']['thisid'] and $thisarticle['prev']['thisid']. Amazingly, it seems to be no core tag for prev/next ids.

Board footer