uli

[Online Help] Old .htaccess strings in the German version

The German help version for “htaccess missing” shows the dated .htaccess code

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php

Furthermore, there’s a dash instead of a hyphen in this line RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L] when copied, probably caused by not wrapping the help code in pre / code tags. I assume there might be more such finds as my first attempt for fr-fr showed a similar result.

Link

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#2 2016-04-17 13:33:53

uli

Re: [Online Help] Old .htaccess strings in the German version

Let me spam this up again after 5+ weeks.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2016-04-17 15:43:28

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

It looks like de-de isn’t included in pophelps which makes editing it more tricky as only folks with RPC direct access have the keys.

I have raised an issue – if the other language packs can be copied into the repo then it makes tweaking and translation much more straightforward.

#4 2016-04-18 10:31:16

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Hi, uli – I had a to-and-fro with Phil on the above link and there are nearly 3,000 items in the online help, many (?most) are either out-of-date or needing attention.

How would you feel about taking a look at the de-de translations and comparing to with the up-to-date en-gb version with a view to improving the accuracy? No GitHub account required, for completeness.

#5 2016-04-18 12:33:31

uli

Yes, of course, I’ll see what I can do with that stuff. Where can I have a look at it?

#6 2016-04-18 13:14:07

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Great news! Two options available depending on your workflow preference:

• take the up-to-date en-gb help files and translate into de-de from scratch
  • take the current de-de help files, compare against the en-gb files and update accordingly

If you want to scope out the first option for the amount of work involved, check here: github.com/textpattern/pophelp/tree/master/help/en-gb

Note that each folder contains one of more files, and the files range from a single sentence to a few paragraphs.

If you’d prefer the current de-de files route, no problem – just let me know and I’ll get them extracted from the online help and added into the GitHub repo so you can compare/amend as required.

#7 2016-04-18 15:19:55

uli

It looks like that file (pophelp-complete-cleaned-sorted) is not managable with the two applications I have for CSV. Tables completely froze, Open Office at least let me have a look at the file contents though it often enough reacted like it’s frozen itself on the sheer file size so it’s not reasonable a iota to start.

It’d make the file more managable to have only the two languages necessary (in two separate files) instead of the whole ~ 40+ in one file. It’ll be enough fun to scroll around in two documents. Plus: With everyone helping to translate working in separate copies of that single huge file someone would have to pick the amended lines and put them into the central repository file. No fun either.

Does my proposal make sense? Are there other possibilities at all?

Last edited by uli (2016-04-18 15:21:16)

#8 2016-04-18 15:25:00

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

I can just give you the CSV file dump for the de language if that’d help?

#9 2016-04-18 15:26:57

uli

Yeah, probably, plus the English one, please.

#10 2016-04-18 15:35:37

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Hi Uli, the English one is already on the repo, just clone it or download the zip.

I’ve attached some of the language dumps to the issue here, including German. Scroll to bottom of issue discussion and you’ll see link.

Cheers!

#11 2016-04-18 16:30:19

uli

philwareham wrote #298666:

Scroll to bottom of issue discussion and you’ll see link.

There happened something with that file, entries down to ID 767 look OK, but then the columns change places: Translations in the ID column etc. Can you try and save that again? Thanks.

#12 2016-04-18 16:33:27

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Try the XML file instead, that’d probably be a better starting place. I would get the same results if I exported again.

Board footer