GitHub Twitter

Re: ied_plugin_composer - new plugins never came that easy

Just for you Stef: missing French entry:

#@ied_plugin
#@language fr-fr
ied_plugin_dbplugs_legend => Plugins disponibles

;)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#170 2014-12-31 09:43:00

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Pat64 wrote #286964:

Just for you Stef: missing French entry:

Many thanks. Merged into the plugin.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#171 2016-03-05 00:26:47

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Anyone interested in testing out a major overhaul of this plugin for 4.6.0+ only is welcome to grab the latest development copy and play with it.

• The entire back-end code has been refactored into a single class instead of a bajillion global functions.
  • The plugin list markup has been fixed and tweaked to the new core spec.
  • The Edit panel has been completely rewritten thanks to Phil Wareham who very graciously mocked up a new layout based on the core’s Prefs panel. It’s much slicker.
  • Public tags are registered.

The only mess remaining is the Setup panel, which is next on the hit list. And the syntax checker doesn’t always flag line numbers any more for some reason. But as far as I can tell, the rest of the plugin works well enough now, so anyone who wants to take it for a spin can do so. Please feed back any findings here; with such a massive rewrite, things are bound to have fallen between the cracks.

You can use the existing composer to upload the new code directly. Just download the .php file from GitHub and use the Browse feature under the installation twisty to locate and upload it. Job done. Note that a few lang strings have changed name, so you may have to refresh those by hand via plugin composer’s Textpack strings subpanel, or copy and paste the entire Textpack from the plugin code into your Languages panel.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#172 2016-03-05 09:18:11

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Bloke wrote #298151:

Anyone interested in testing out a major overhaul of this plugin for 4.6.0+ only is welcome to grab the latest development copy and play with it.

two tiny bugs on the revamped edit panel

• the p around the big “save” button should have a .txp-save class (for consistency with e.g the preference panel).
  • on the Textpack strings sub-sub panel, there is that tinny, tinny “+“ button (right under “Load strings from function”), that should have the .txp-button class I think. As it is, it is nearly completely invisible.
  • on the same sub-sub panel, the list of strings, there really should be a bit of spacing between each row to improve readability. #options_group_pack li {margin-bottom: .2em} will do that.

OK, that makes 3… Beyond that I didn’t test much, everything appears to load though.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#173 2016-03-05 13:22:04

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

phiw13 wrote #298153:

two tiny bugs on the revamped edit panel

Two Three tiny bugs ironed out. Thanks for testing.

#174 2016-03-07 23:28:22

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

v1.1.0-beta is released for Textpattern 4.6.0+ only. Please help test if you are running dev and feed back any goodness/badness here.

#175 2016-03-08 00:43:53

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

I use that install file on completely new 4.6.0 dev install – it did install correctly, but with multiple errors/warnings/notices (those are repeated multiple times):

Warning "mysqli_real_escape_string() expects parameter 2 to be string, object given"
in /Users/username/Sites/_txp45/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php at line 344.
adminErrorHandler()
textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:344 mysqli_real_escape_string()
safe_escape()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:67 array_map()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:156 doArray()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:4841 doSlash()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:4652 create_pref()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1369) : eval()'d code:3125 set_pref()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1369) : eval()'d code:452 ied_pc->prefs_update()
ied_pc->welcome()

Notice "Array to string conversion"
in /Users/username/Sites/_txp45/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php at line 4841.
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:4841 adminErrorHandler()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:4652 create_pref()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1369) : eval()'d code:3125 set_pref()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(1369) : eval()'d code:452 ied_pc->prefs_update()
ied_pc->welcome()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:1893 call_user_func_array()
textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php:539 callback_event()
textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php:50 plugin_install()
textpattern/index.php:211 include()

PHP version: 5.5.30, MySQL: 5.6.21 – utf8mb4

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#176 2016-03-08 01:14:47

michaelkpate
Website GitHub Mastodon

Mine wasn’t completely new – I actually had an old version of the plugin composer installed but deleted it first.

Warning "mysqli_real_escape_string() expects parameter 2 to be string, object given". Dialogue Box on Install

#177 2016-03-08 10:00:05

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

phiw13 wrote #298185:

Warning "mysqli_real_escape_string() expects parameter 2 to be string, object given"...

Bugger. That’s my prefs callbacks being inside the new admin-side object.

Technical blurb: To render some of the custom prefs widgets I’m using the callback notation:

array($this, 'ied_my_custom_prefs_function');

for some of the callbacks, which works fine inside the plugin itself, but during install, Txp tries to insert such prefs into the DB, calls doSlash() on that array, which tries to escape it, finds it’s not a string and barfs.

Guess the only way round it is to:

1. find a way to patch the core to accept (serialize?) such objects/arrays, but that’s prone to break a lot of other stuff and is beyond my pay grade anyway; or
  2. take my prefs functions out of the plugin composer object and pollute the global scope again.

Neither ideal, but I’ll go with option 2 for now. Thanks for the report.

#178 2016-03-08 10:55:53

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Second beta is up with the fixed installer. Thanks for testing.

#179 2016-05-12 15:34:42

uli

Great version, that new 1.10, it’s fun using it! Very easy to find one’s way through the panels as it’s arranged like the rest of Textpattern’s windows. Good job!

Currently I’m having trouble, though, with both versions, 1.06 and 1.10, and as I’m totally out of ideas what to try next, I’m asking here. It’s about the Save Code AJAXy button that marks all plugins (changed ones and unchanged ones) as broken on saving. The normal, yellow, Save Everything button saves the plugins OK and there’s also no error displayed after second savings. Only the AJAXy one…

I’ve uninstalled the two versions of the plugin in activated and un-activated states (which one deletes all traces?), manually SQL-ed all ied preferences and traces away, restarted the browser, MAMP, the computer. What might be going on here?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#180 2016-05-12 22:40:20

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

uli wrote #299078:

It’s about the Save Code AJAXy button that marks all plugins (changed ones and unchanged ones) as broken on saving.

What!?!! So, let me get this straight. You go to edit one plugin, you make changes, click Save Code and it saves all installed plugins and breaks them? Crazy!

Can you look in your browser inspector’s Network pane and see what’s being sent off when you click Save Code? You should see a single request and if you look at the params you should see these passed over via POST:

• event
  • step
  • plugin
  • codeblock
  • app_mode
  • _txp_token

How does yours compare?

Board footer