Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2015-11-30 20:13:45

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: Is kaizengarden down? Yes it is. Please move on!

towndock wrote #296888:

I’m stunned. Baffled. Even if KG worked it seems a silly choice. There are so many good hosting providers, why does one hang with one that is so absurdly unreliable?

TextDrive Stockholm syndrome, perhaps.

#74 2015-11-30 22:06:34

GugUser

gaekwad wrote #296895:

TextDrive Stockholm syndrome, perhaps.

Very funny!

#75 2015-12-10 09:21:22

Destry
Website

towndock wrote #296888:

I’m stunned. Baffled. Even if KG worked it seems a silly choice. There are so many good hosting providers, why does one hang with one that is so absurdly unreliable?

It’s my impression that people are not staying. But some are old-time TxDers from the VC200 era, who nevertheless keep a trivial website active at KG in allegiance to Jaucques, who lost a lot of many when working for Dean. So there’s a little hope, I guess you could say, among comrades-in-arms, to stand ground with expendable sites, until the situation turns around or the “fat lady” truly does sing.

In any case, we keep this thread going because it seems to be the only reliable place on the internet that anyone who might want or need a place to lament, can, on a knowing shoulder.

Oh, and KG is down, again. Are the opera musicians tuning up? ;)

#76 2015-12-21 14:11:10

bohdik

KG is down again. Finally I am on holidays and have some time to prepare a backup hosting. But the outage came too soon. I pray the Jacques will bring it back.

I didn’t receive the last two invoices. :-(

I don’t understand why Jacques is not able to do some post about the status.

Destry wrote #297042:

Oh, and KG is down, again. Are the opera musicians tuning up? ;)

p.

#77 2015-12-22 17:27:55

Destry
Website

Destry wrote #295949:

Moment of truth coming.

That moment of truth has yet to come. Must be one loooooong post.

Currently my site is down, but unlike usual instances when this happens, I can still access the server via SFTP and download export databases via SSH. So why would I not see the site online? That seems like a view-lock was put in place, yes?

#78 2015-12-22 20:22:07

bohdik

My sites are up and I have got the missing invoices. :-)

ZB

Destry wrote #297171:

Currently my site is down, but unlike usual instances when this happens, I can still access the server via SFTP and download export databases via SSH. So why would I not see the site online? That seems like a view-lock was put in place, yes?

p.

#79 2016-01-02 06:53:00

nardo

Any news? I can’t SFTP in. And no services appear to be up?

#80 2016-01-03 05:16:45

bici
Website Mastodon

Destry wrote #297171:

it is now 2016

…. texted postive

#81 2016-01-04 13:05:02

bohdik

Columbus is not reachable too, so I am without some mails and webs. :-( And my services should be prepaid till 01/12/2016.

nardo wrote #297234:

Any news? I can’t SFTP in. And no services appear to be up?

#82 2016-01-08 12:24:09

Destry
Website

This is new: kaizengarden.co (the move to Surge, not the domain), so somebody is doing something somewhere. That might also explain why the forum is gone, which was at discuss.kaizengarden.co.

The last time I looked at My Kaizen Garden, that had evolved too. Some interesting notes I see there in my dashboard:

Cheryl has joined the Kaizen Garden team to tackle the issue with our Accounts Receivable and reducing the time it takes to receive outsanding payments.

We are working on a bug where we aren’t receiving the list of invoices back from PayPal that have been paid for with the balance calculation.

So for those still floundering with KG like three sheets to the wind, it seems you just have to keep hanging on and hope for fair weather soon. But I don’t really know.

As for myself, and since there’s no reliable means to contact KG outside of this thread, I’ll hope Jacques lurks here from time to time and sees this…

Jacques,

You may delete my account from Challenger and erase my footprint, tracks, traces, evidence of existence. I have no need for a backup of anything. Along with that, you may remove me as a “member” in the GitHub organization. I hope my docs contribution was worthwhile. You may also change my administrator account in the forum to just “member”, assuming you put the forum up again. If you find the time to email me when tying up these loose ends, that would be appreciated. Good luck with whatever’s going on.

#83 2016-01-08 12:50:06

bohdik

Hi Destry,

thanks for info. I am in the middle of the transition away. I have lost some messages and the current outage is not more acceptable for me. I don’t understand why Jacques can’t send just a line about the status. Should be nice to get the unreceived content of mailboxes from the time just before the outage and to get more recent backups.

Zdenek

Destry wrote #297308:

This is new: kaizengarden.co (the move to Surge, not the domain), so somebody is doing something somewhere. That might also explain why the forum is gone, which was at discuss.kaizengarden.co.

So for those still floundering with KG like three sheets to the wind, it seems you just have to keep hanging on and hope for fair weather soon. But I don’t really know.

p.

#84 2016-01-10 21:00:00

FullCreamMilkMan

I’ve finally given up and have shifted my hosting elsewhere. I hung on as long as I could, but this latest outtage has just gone on too long, about two weeks. So long, Jacques. You took on way too much and kept the plates spinning far longer than I dared hope. Goodnight, and good luck.

Board footer