Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-12-01 17:12:56

mistersugar
Website

New look for 2 old sites

After a 2-year blogging and social media sabbatical, and nearly 10 years of thinking about redesigns for my blogs, I have updated my two main Txp-powered sites.

First, I’m sticking with Textpattern. I am extremely grateful for this community, and for all of you who have toiled to make this such a nice CMS. Thank you!

mistersugar.com was where I blogged for 10 years. I simplified the design, published a final article, and pointed back to zuiker.com, my original site that will once again be my blogging home.

I used the Skeleton boilerplate CSS. I had toyed with UIKit and Foundation. I may eventually use the newest Foundation for Zuiker Chronicles. zuiker.com/about has a bit more about my design and font choices.

There are a few things I want to improve, i.e. the mobile view placement of the raven image, better treatment of photos (I did master the use of the featured image tag), and larger text inside the search form. I welcome any advice and suggestions for the site.

I have moved my sites to Webfaction, which made it very easy to develop on a subdomain, then reuse the app (Txp files and database) for zuiker.com when I was ready.

Again, my thanks to all for your inspiration, insights and assistance all these years (I’ve been a Txp user since 2004).

Last edited by mistersugar (2015-12-01 17:21:47)

#2 2015-12-02 09:39:11

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: New look for 2 old sites

I like the simplicity of them both. It places focus on your writing and voice and I think that comes through very well. Nice that you also provided so much background information.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#3 2015-12-02 10:11:01

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: New look for 2 old sites

Very nice work Anton!

Regarding frameworks, once 4.6 is out the door in January and we start work on 4.7 which has proper theme support, I will be working on providing Textpattern dev environments for some of the popular frameworks:

textpattern-zurb-foundation

textpattern-bootstrap

textpattern-uikit

I might add Skeleton to that list depending on how it can be built. These are not ready for use as yet, but might be useful to you.

Board footer