Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-11-21 04:29:26

mistersugar
Website

How do I make an image form?

The wiki reference for the txp:image_info tag uses the phrase ‘image form’ but I can’t seem to find any other definition or documentation about creating and using an image form.

There isn’t a form type for image. That’s my confusion.

Is this an error on that tag reference, or is the wiki missing additional info about ‘image form’?

Last edited by mistersugar (2015-11-21 04:31:18)

#2 2015-11-21 08:06:52

milosevic

Re: How do I make an image form?

A form is a bunch off markup to be used and reused. Nevermind the form type, it is only usefull to organize a bit your list of forms at the back end interface. For instance I’m use to only use form type “article” for article forms and “various” for other kind of stuff, but I could use only “various” and everything will work the same way.

<txp:rocks/>

#3 2015-11-21 12:34:56

GugUser

You can create your own image form according to your needs.

#4 2015-11-22 06:51:25

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi mistersugar,

Form names are partly semantic as they are only there to help you organise your snippets. Having said that, article forms appear in the write tab in the override form pull down and they could be used to alter the layout of single pages.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#5 2015-11-26 03:06:30

stefano

hi mistersugar,
if I correctly understood your question, the confusion is for this:

html-form != textpattern-form

really I don’t understand why for this “widget” it’s used a name that is used by other element strictly related to the first, really.

Every time I read a text manual I need to pay more and more attention for correctly understand if form is related to a html or to the powerful widget ;)

have a nice day

S.

mistersugar wrote #296731:

The wiki reference for the txp:image_info tag uses the phrase ‘image form’ but I can’t seem to find any other definition or documentation about creating and using an image form. There isn’t a form type for image. That’s my confusion. Is this an error on that tag reference, or is the wiki missing additional info about ‘image form’?

Board footer