Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2015-10-28 17:45:46

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Improved Text Editor Capability

if you finally decide to implement a core solution (Textile button bar or anythink else) please considere :

• The solution can be desactivate manually or by plugins (all : Html markup, Javascript etc.) for user don’t want that.
  • The solution can be activated for all text fields (custom fields).
  • The solution can be extended or modified by plugins and/or prefs (php and JS API).

And why not a official plugin, maintained by core team ? Nobody answered about it.

Last edited by sacripant (2015-10-28 17:46:58)

#74 2015-10-28 18:12:37

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: Improved Text Editor Capability

Sacripant has a good point but I also think that if a solution is implemented it could be added as a “new tab” in the “write tab”.

ie. We currently have the “edit article text”, “view html markup” and “preview article”. From them we – for many years now – can only use the “edit article text”.

For those who use plugins, the “edit article text” is changed so as to add the desired functionalities.

The feature idea here is to make them all editable so as to be able to move from one to the other when content is created. As such the “preview article” tab could become the WYSIWYG editor regardless of what script will be used to implement it. This feature could indeed be enabled or disabled in the preferences especially for those designers who might not want to give access to any direct html editing facilities to their clients.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer