Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2015-10-15 13:44:24

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

TXP Family of sites

Dear Textpattern Team,

I write to you from the confines of my new office, hoping to find you and yours in good spirits.

On my TXP sites, when I did the recent Bootstrap makeover, I decided to use a logo that I had in my extensive Textpattern archive of interesting things that I’ve come across in the last 10 years.

The following sites are linked to from the forums and home page:

TXP Planet
We Love TXP

These are self promotion, not linked to from Textpattern official:

TXP Tags
TXP Themes

My question is this, may I continue using the TXP logo?

If so, wherever I use the logo, it will link to Textpattern.com, my way of saying thanks.

I was also using the hammer and chisel favicon.ico, but have switched the sites to a cog wheel instead. I could go back to the hammer and chisel, if that’s a policy that’s taken, where sites who are Textpattern related could use the favicon.

Anyway, just want to clear the air and get a definitive answer on the policy for affiliate sites.

Thanks.

#2 2015-10-16 07:07:17

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Re: TXP Family of sites

hcgtv wrote #295797:

My question is this, may I continue using the TXP logo?

The logo graphic was created by Philip Schilling Graphic Design. We are not in a position to allow or deny the use of his intellectual property for other purposes besides the ones we have been granted for the project’s own use.

You will need to ask Philip.

#3 2015-10-16 07:42:55

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

wet wrote #295838:

You will need to ask Philip.

I sent him an email through this forum’s facilities.

Thanks Robert.

#4 2015-10-16 10:03:57

belipe
Website

We are not in a position to allow or deny the use of his intellectual property for other purposes besides the ones we have been granted for the project’s own use.

Huh, that sounds rather strict. If someone wants to use it in a Textpattern related case, she’s free to do so. So what can we do? I already saw your sites before and really liked the logo use (and everything else btw). But we use PT Serif for all things logo now, so one solution could be to use the logo I designed for TXP Magazine. But this should remain unique in my eyes. Also, using the hammer and chisel would be a good choice in terms of brand visibility.

I have some versions here, maybe you want to use one of them:

the regular one

a black one

and a white one you can’t actually see because I don’t seem to be able to publish inline styles here.

Also, there’s a PSD file with vector smartobjects so you can scale it to your needs.

Robert: Is there any reason not to use the Textpattern Network logo in the footer of at least the WeLoveTXP site?

Bert: If you want to make it even more TXP-ish, just use PT Sans and PT Serif respectively. They’re free ;-)

<txp:nothing_else />

@belipe

#5 2015-10-16 11:58:32

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

belipe wrote #295850:

I already saw your sites before and really liked the logo use (and everything else btw).

When I put the logo on the very first theme, it felt like it belonged, so it continued (thank you sir).

I have some versions here, maybe you want to use one of them:

the regular one

This one, it’s been sprinkled over my slice of the TXP Family.

Sized it to the same height as the old logo, 56px, the width went from 120 to 143px. The layouts look fine, the offshoot is that the letters are much larger. Blew me away when I viewed We Love TXP on my tablet, it’s the best device for that site. I’m open to anything else you would like me to add, mi footer es su footer.

The TXP sites are looking awesome, can’t thank you enough Philip.

#6 2015-10-16 12:31:06

belipe
Website

The TXP sites are looking awesome, can’t thank you enough Philip.

:-)

If you find the time you might want to use PT Sans and PT Serif on the sites to make them even more Textpattern.
I have to thank you for the cool bootstrap themes (even though I must admit I haven’t yet tested them).

<txp:nothing_else />

@belipe

#7 2015-10-16 15:58:49

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

belipe wrote #295860:

If you find the time you might want to use PT Sans and PT Serif on the sites to make them even more Textpattern.

On my todo for today, I just wanted to go around and get the logos looking good first.

I have to thank you for the cool bootstrap themes (even though I must admit I haven’t yet tested them).

I have to thank Bootstrap and Start Bootstrap for their templates. It’s been a real learning experience, and sharing them is the least I could do.

They’re really easy to test, just create a new section and 2 copy/paste operations later you have a mobile-friendly responsive site. Eventually I’d like to be able to view the Themes from the Presentation interface, like Get Add-ons in Firefox, all done from the privacy of the backend.

As for the official branding, is there a newer image just showing the hammer and chisel?

How about the favicon.ico?

Excellent work by the way, what a difference 1 image does to a site.

Board footer