Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2015-10-08 23:09:18

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: [doc] User roles and privileges

Destry wrote #295488:

What do you mean by “when the production status is cranked up”?

If you set production status to Debugging, Publishers see a whole slew of trace and call stack stuff. MEs and below still see a lot of debugging info, but it’s a smaller subset without some of the gritty detail. As far as I recall, everyone gets the same amount of debugging info under the Testing production status, and of course, nobody sees anything when Live.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#26 2015-10-09 08:41:46

Destry
Website

Re: [doc] User roles and privileges

Bloke wrote #295513:

If you set production status to Debugging, Publishers see a whole slew of trace and call stack stuff. MEs and below still see a lot of debugging info, but it’s a smaller subset without some of the gritty detail. As far as I recall, everyone gets the same amount of debugging info under the Testing production status, and of course, nobody sees anything when Live.

Okay, thanks. I figured it was somewhere in that preference setting. But I always interpret equate “production” as “live” so wasn’t sure exactly what should have been set to what. Now that I’m looking at the preference label (thus context of what you said), it makes sense.

Would “Site mode” be a better label there? Then use three visible radio buttons:
◉ Debugging ◎ Testing ◎ Live

In fact, any select menu with two or three items would be better as radio buttons, wouldn’t it? More visible and one less click.

Last edited by Destry (2015-10-09 08:51:23)

Board footer