Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-08-06 01:30:00

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Yellow-Aluminium - Admin-side Theme for TXP 4.2.0

Yellow-Aluminium is a modern, open sourced standard admin-side theme for Textpattern v4.2.0. It doesn’t require any core mods to TXP, but it does require modern browser. You might even call it experimental. The theme is completely CSS and JavaScript based.

Requirements

• Textpattern v4.2.0 – No older or newer version, no rc, no delevement version. Just stock stable TXP 4.2.0.
  • jQuery – ships with Textpattern package.
  • Modern Browser – basic CSS3 support required (won’t work in Internet Explorer, or any older browser).

The theme has been tested and been proven working on:

• Chromium 6.0
  • Firefox 3.6

Notes

• The theme is not part of rah family. I won’t support this theme, and thus it’s not on our site. It’s released as is, in non-supported state, because i wanted to share it with you and the community :-) Hope you understand. I just don’t have the time to support themes. I’m already supporting tons of plugins which take priority over themes.
  • It’s open source. You can use it to anything in the terms of the license. You can for example mod it and release the moded version under different name.
  • The code (JS/CSS/PHP) is commented, so the work should be bit easier if you end up changing the theme.
  • If you find yourself using Firefox 3.1, Safari 3 or IE8, I won’t recommend even to try this theme. The theme uses things that won’t work on older browsers.
  • Note that the theme removes/hides a lot of stuff from Textpattern’s admin panel, like for example the Tag Builder.
  • The theme isn’t really suited for those that are new to TXP because it removes elements.
  • The theme might break plugins and functionality. If you notice incompatilities with the theme and plugins, I ask you kindly that you don’t whine about it to the plugin author. Instead just uninstall the theme or whine to me. I don’t want ppl to get depressed over a theme.
  • Theme uses click and open menus. Not hover and open. Menus close by clicking the menu tab again.

Installation – standard Theme installation process applies:

• Copy the directory (in the ZIP) /yellowaluminium/ to your Textpattern installation’s theme directory: /textpattern/theme.
  • If you copied the directory correctly, the full path should now be /textpattern/theme/yellowaluminium/yellowaluminium.php
  • Now installation is done. Now just navigate to your Textpattern installation’s Advanced Preferences panel: TXP / Admin / Preferences / Advanced
  • On the Advanced Prefences window find “Admin-side theme” setting from the list. Change the setting’s value to “Yellowaluminium”. Save settings, and load page again. Theme should now be applied.

Download Yellow-Aluminium v0.1
yellowaluminium.zip / ~42 KB

Some screenshots (click the images to see full-sized shots):

I hope you like the theme :-)

Last edited by Gocom (2010-08-06 03:00:37)

#2 2010-08-06 04:19:28

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Yellow-Aluminium - Admin-side Theme for TXP 4.2.0

The package doesn’t include extra styles for plugins (because I don’t encourage modifying plugins). I will share some customization snippets for different plugin from time to time when I customize a plugin for my tastes.

Here is the first extra script; styles for rah_textile_bar. Should work fine with version 0.4. Removes the cool images and shows minimalist text-based tabs over the textareas, styles similiarly to the theme’s dropdown menus.

/**
	Extra styles for rah_textile_bar v0.4
*/

body .rah_textile_bar {
		border: 0;
		margin: 0 5px;
		white-space: nowrap;
	}

body .rah_textile_bar .active,
	body .rah_textile_bar .textilebutton {
		border: 0;
		border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;
		background: #eee;
		text-indent: 0;
		border-radius: 3px 3px 0 0;
		-moz-border-radius: 3px 3px 0 0;
		-webkit-border-radius: 3px 3px 0 0;
		-khtml-border-radius: 3px 3px 0 0;
		margin: 0 1px;
		width: auto;
		height: auto;
		padding: 3px 6px;
		line-height: 10px;
		font-size: 0.9em;
		text-transform: uppercase;
		letter-spacing: -1px;
		cursor: default;
	}

body .rah_textile_bar .textilebutton:hover {
		color: #fff;
		text-shadow: 0 0 3px #ccc;
		background: #ddd;
	}

/*
		Hides selection effect when accidently double clicking the button
	*/

.rah_textile_bar ::-moz-selection {
		background: transparent;
		color: normal;
	}

.rah_textile_bar ::selection {
		background: transparent;
		color: normal;
	}

If you choose to use the snippet, just add it to the bottom of the theme’s CSS file.

#3 2010-08-06 08:54:50

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

I updated a bit the Yellow-Aluminium. Changes include:

• Now it, by default includes the style for rah_textile_bar (too lazy to remove, that’s why lol).
  • Now shows the thumbnails in the Image panel’s listings. The image is scaled to 18px height, and when hovered over the full-sized thumbnail is shown.
  • “Create new form” link on Forms panel has now same styles as the “Upload” and “Search” buttons. The link is also now seperated from the list of forms with a line.
  • The “Delete” buttons on Pages and Styles panes now have extra padding applied for browsers that render buttons that don’t have white-space by default.
  • Removed Tag Builder links from Image and File panes.
  • Removed “Edit” links from Images and Files pane. File name is already linked and always shown.
  • Removed Description column from Files pane.

Download

#4 2010-08-06 17:04:25

mapu

This admin theme looks very very cool! Thanks!

#5 2010-08-06 20:58:08

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hi Jukka. Love the theme but I am having an odd problem with it which may be because I am using an SVN version. On the Style tab the textarea has disappeared. I haven’t checked into it in detail but it might well be down to the latest changes to that page’s HTML/CSS??

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#6 2010-08-06 23:03:55

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

thebombsite wrote:

Hi Jukka. Love the theme but I am having an odd problem with it which may be because I am using an SVN version. On the Style tab the textarea has disappeared. I haven’t checked into it in detail but it might well be down to the latest changes to that page’s HTML/CSS??

Yes. Because of the column changes the CSS would target the textarea, instead of the left sidebar. Removing the line that targets the first td (#page-css table td:first-child or something along those lines), might fix it (not tested).

mapu wrote:

This admin theme looks very very cool! Thanks!

Thanks Marcus :-)

#7 2010-10-19 21:34:45

uli

Just coming from your raptor Tabtor announcement, which uses screenshots from, I think, a further “coolified” Yellowaluminium. Which reminded me to finally thank you for this theme. Really clean, professional look! I even liked the click menus, that, after a little while of getting used to, aren’t as nervous as Remora’s. And I love its tidyness.

So, finally: Thank you :)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#8 2010-10-20 03:53:57

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

uli wrote:

a further “coolified” Yellowaluminium

Yeah, it’s slightly modified version. I just changed the menu’s preferred font to AvantGarde LT, the rounded thingie’s color to black and the shadow into inset.

Even that I said I won’t really update the theme, I will at somepoint release (well, update to) the modified version. Just need to get the time to fix TXP 4.3.0 problems and add some new things.

So, finally: Thank you :)

You’re welcome :-)

#9 2015-10-08 15:53:48

alivato

Where can I download this theme? (Yellow-Aluminium)
link – error(

#10 2015-10-08 16:12:56

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

it seems that the server updated their software and Jukka needs to update his txp.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#11 2015-10-08 16:27:52

uli

Jukka isn’t subscribed here, it would take some time, probably, to wait for an answer ATM. So I’ve uploaded my copy of the zip to Textpattern.org. “You’re welcome!” in advance :)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer