Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#109 2015-10-06 15:27:42

gilibaus
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] chh_related_articles

I am looking for a plugin for related articles, something more flexible than the txp:related_articles tag. chh_related_articles would be fine but I cannot get the code anymore. can someone address me somewhere on the web or post the last version of the txt file here on the forum? or maybe there is a more recent (and not orphan) plugin with same features?
thanks for any help

#110 2015-10-06 15:35:36

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Hi gilibaus

You could use native tags. Something like:

<txp:article_custom section='<txp:section />' category='<txp:category />'  limit="10" wraptag="ul" break="li" label="Related articles" labeltag="h3">
<txp:if_article_id>
<txp:else />
<txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink>
</txp:if_article_id>
</txp:article_custom>

Yet again, it depends what listings you want. Let us know and there is probably a way.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#111 2015-10-07 07:07:10

gilibaus
Website

Thank you colak, but I’ll leave native tags as a last option. I am looking for something more flexible out-of-the-box, I mean something to list related articles based on section, category, keyword or relevance. I cannot find a tool like that, so I was wondering if there is an updated version of chh_related_articles that can fit nicely into Txp 4.5.7

#112 2015-10-07 09:20:26

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

gilibaus wrote #295430:

I am looking for a plugin for related articles, something more flexible than the txp:related_articles tag. … maybe there is a more recent (and not orphan) plugin with same features?

It’s not exactly (nor only) for related articles, but etc_search is more recent and yet not orphan. :) If you install it, go to “Extensions->Search settings” and create a search form (say, 1) with the article-context query

ID!=<txp:article_id /> AND {/^[\w\s\-]+$/::Keywords;/#(.+)/::Section='$1'} ORDER BY Title

Then calling

<txp:etc_search_results id="1" form="some_article_form"
	query='(<txp:keywords />) #<txp:section />' />

within an article (form) will output the keywords-related articles from the same section. You can add more chunks to the query for targeting by categories, author and so on.

Or switch to 4.6, where <txp:article_custom /> accepts exclude attribute:

<txp:article_custom exclude='<txp:article_id />' keywords='<txp:keywords />' ... />

#113 2015-10-07 19:05:36

gilibaus
Website

Got it: one way or another I will have to get my hands dirty with native tags and/or database queries ;) Thank you all for your suggestions.

#114 2017-03-06 05:33:49

alicson
Website

Is there an update to this? chh_related_articles was really great because it covered many options of fields including custom fields.

(And thanks for the etc_search mention — won’t replace what I need for related articles, however I needed a live_search replacement :)

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#115 2017-03-06 08:44:08

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

alicson wrote #304420:

Is there an update to this? chh_related_articles was really great because it covered many options of fields including custom fields.

IIRC, we have extended match attribute in 4.6 to author, keywords, custom fields… Try something like

<txp:related_articles match="Category1, My_Custom_Field" />

(And thanks for the etc_search mention — won’t replace what I need for related articles, however I needed a live_search replacement :)

I’m sure it can replace what you need, just say what :-)

#116 2017-03-06 09:31:41

alicson
Website

Oh yay! I’ll try txp:related_articles again, that will hopefully cover it.
Thanks!

**update: <txp:related_articles /> is perfect.

Last edited by alicson (2017-03-06 10:18:55)

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

Board footer